Mazdaspeed3 in 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mazdaspeed3 in 2005

By early 2005, performance junkies can expect a turbocharged Mazdaspeed 3 sports compact that should pump out at least 200 horsepower (or up to 240, if Mazda decides to offer an all-wheel-drive version). The hotted-up 3 should be followed by Mazdaspeed's take on the mid-size 6.
    http://money.cnn.com/2003/12/22/pf/a...iata/index.htm
    Clint/1999 "Sport20"

j/k

And possibly a 240 hp All-wheel drive

Comment

damn!!! 240 with AWD.. given it's an "if".. but still!!
      hmmmmmm..... now i must rethink getting a MSP in March.

damn it all!

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
      RB springs
      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
      MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

the ms mx5 looks sexy as hell...

you know in los angeles...if you drive around in a stock miata...most people will think you're gay

until they eat yo dust hehe

Comment

[QUOTE]you know in los angeles...if you drive around in a stock miata...most people will think you're gay[QUOTE]

I remember hearing that when i was a kid.... weird.
          i always just used to call them "poseur racers"... but after seeing some of the mods possible on those things... very very nice cars.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
          RB springs
          Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
          MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

yeah theres a 30k compact
            According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by bz3n
              the ms mx5 looks sexy as hell...
              I concur
              Dan
              dreesemonkey

Comment

I believe it when it happens ,Mazda has said things like this before ,they really screwed up on the MP3 ,Mazdaspeed and RX-8 ,. Do they no nothing about marketing . As I consumer ,One wants the product when it is suposed to be released not 3 months after the fact . Now Mazda has to discount the Mazda speed because of poor marketing ,and quality control issues just to move them off the dealers lots
                If and I only if when mazda brings out an AWD 240 HP Mazda 3 I wont be lining up to get one , Mazda blew there chances with me . lets face if Mazda promotted their product better and backed it up with support from the factry anbout modding it ,they Mazda could be a contenter in the import war ,Until mazda realizes this they are only going to slip further down the line .

2001 LX 2.0 Grace green metallic with gold graphics,
                Motegi MR12 rims in gold
                Falken Zeix 502's 205/40/17,
                MDC Enterprises short throw shifter,Sparco shift knob,
                Sparco pedal set,Vibrant axle back muffler , MDC Enterprises CAIwith K&N filtercone,Ractive strut bar,MP3 rear swaybar,Tien S-tech springs ,AWR engine mounts,AWR adjustable endlinks,AWR rear trailing arms,Konig rear wing colour matched ,Altezza tail lights edges colour matched to car.P5 front seats,
                P5 front conversion with side skirts

Comment

i just got information about the 3 for the first time with my car note yesterday.
                  According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by macklum
                    I believe it when it happens ,Mazda has said things like this before ,they really screwed up on the MP3 ,Mazdaspeed and RX-8 ,. Do they no nothing about marketing . As I consumer ,One wants the product when it is suposed to be released not 3 months after the fact . Now Mazda has to discount the Mazda speed because of poor marketing ,and quality control issues just to move them off the dealers lots
                    If and I only if when mazda brings out an AWD 240 HP Mazda 3 I wont be lining up to get one , Mazda blew there chances with me . lets face if Mazda promotted their product better and backed it up with support from the factry anbout modding it ,they Mazda could be a contenter in the import war ,Until mazda realizes this they are only going to slip further down the line .
                    I share the same opinion with you. Mazdaspeed should have build the cars in Japan, and ship them here complete, and not letting dealers mess with them. Not only Mazda made mistakes with Mazdaspeed Protege, but Mazda 6 as well. When Mazda introduced the 6, it was supposed to go head to head with Accord/Camry/Altima. They even spend record money on advertising, but the hell did all that money go to. Here in New England, I see more Tourags and Cayennes then I do 6s, well not really, but they do not seem to poping around the corner as much as Accord/Campry/Altima. Even in all the comparrison tests, the 6 is always 2nd behind Accord, so what the hell is wrong then.

But if things are going to continue in this manner, Mazdaspeed version of Axela/3 will never make it here.
                    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

I would NEVER buy a 6 now, ever. My friends bought an '03 and it's been back to the dealer at least 4 times now (Knock Sensor bad, car repeatedly going into limp mode), and it has 4000 miles on it.

A friend of THEIRS just bought one even though they told him not to, he was in the dealer for some problem a week after he bought the car.

There's NO way I'd ever buy a 6 now
                      Dan
                      dreesemonkey

Comment

Didn't they also install the alarms at the port? Heh.

Originally posted by TheMAN
                        the dealers have NOTHING to do with the production of the mazdaspeed protege... they were built in japan with everything but the turbo, spoiler, front & rear skirts, pedals, shift knob, stereo... when they arrived they were installed at the port before being shipped to the dealers

so far mazda has done stupid **** in their mazdaspeed marketing in the US because of certain internal issues within MNAO corporate (hence why they can't make up their damn minds what to do right now)... all I know is that it's very political and that I'm assuming that it has something to do with where parts are sourced, who controls the development and production.... big things like that.... like I said... I'm just assuming... even I don't know what's going on
                        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Working...
                        X