Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market research! 99-03 Protege Owners

Please be honest!

If there was a reasonably priced fiberglass hood available with or without a styled hood scoop or air dam, would you be interested in buying one?

Thanks!

I'd buy one, but it would have to have an air dam or hood scoop on it. I'm not going to spend the money for the same exact thing that I have except that it's lighter, but that's my opinion.
    [

Comment

No interest here as I prefer the carbon fiber look, but I know Icynelly is interested in fiberglass hoods.

Comment

I'm thinking about going c/f and would like a scoop to cool the engine compartment some. but would go fiberglass if it was nice.

Comment

id buy one if something with a scoop/vent was on it. Carbon fiber would be preffered, but fiberglass will suffice if thats what becomes available.

2003 Sunlight Silver ES 5 Speed
          www.cardomain.com/id/bigwoo23

There seems to be an epidemic in MI, everyone seems to think that painting your car isn't cool anymore, and people drive around with more primer than paint. What is the world coming to?

Comment

What advantages does fiberglass have over carbon fiber?
            02 Protege ES

Comment

I would be interested in a fiberglass hood if a carbon fiber hood with scoop wasn't already available. Im partial to the CF look and thats what I plan on doing my interior in also. But not to get off topic or anything. A fiberglass hood with a nice scoop(s) on it would definately be something Im interested in if CF wasn't my first option.

Comment

Not fiberglass. Cracks too easily.
                So Far: Silvania Silverstar H7 bulbs, Mazdaspeed axle-back, AEM intake, Autoexe replica grill, 6%/17%/35% Tint, B&M short shifter, H&R springs, Alpine CDA9807, Laser-blue calipers, Autometer A/F and Voltmeter gauges, dual pillar pod, Jpec Intake cam, Mazdaspeed Exhaust cam

Comment

Definitely interested. Even considered attempting a 1-off FG hood for myself. I like the look of the flyin' miata one with the cowling. My only concern is about the brittleness of fibreglass.

Comment

Not fiberglass. Cracks too easily.
                    Depends on what resins you use. And materials. And how well it is made too. I work in aviation and I have a good idea on how to make it solid and not brittle. Of course this will have to be tested first.

What advantages does fiberglass have over carbon fiber?
                    Mainly it's less expensive so the hood would be less expensive then the equivalent in carbon fiber.

Comment

It would probebly need to be pretty cheap for me to buy one. Like $200-ish.
                      2002 Blackmica P5
                      CAI - MSP springs - Brembo cross-drilled rotors & KVR pads - Ground wires - Ignition wires - Silverstars - Eurolites - Pilot fogs - Toyo TPTs - Tint - Blue calipers & strut bar - Batsymbol in rear window

Comment

Ok, I think I got enough demand. Not quite enough but I'm starting the project anyway. I'll keep you informed!

Comment

Forsure

I'd forsure buy a hood, but it would have to have an air dam.. as posted above, no way im paying that money to have something that looks the same... but also... if I get the carbon it wouldnt really match the colour scheme I had in mind

Anyways, hope this helps = )

Comment

I'd forsure buy a hood, but it would have to have an air dam.. as posted above, no way im paying that money to have something that looks the same... but also... if I get the carbon it wouldnt really match the colour scheme I had in mind
                            I went with the popular demand and it will be with an air dam, EVO style probably, and it will not have the carbon fiber looks for now.

Comment

my damn spoiler is fiiber glass. The thought of a fiber glass hood is scary to me ....
                              pebbles and stones .. ohh god
                              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                              X