Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there no price allowed for GI threads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is there no price allowed for GI threads?

How come I'm seeing people be told not to post a price in GI threads in the classifieds? I'm just curious as to the reasons behind this. A seller might lose out on a potential buyer that was interested if people don't have an idea on how much money they will need to have if an item actually does go For Sale. Like I said I'm just curious as to why, it might make it an easier decision for the seller if they know that they have a buyer lined up. Isn't the point of a gauging interest thread to see if anyone is interested in buying the item when a seller is unsure if they want to sell yet?

I also ask because there is no mention of this in the rules. I'm not doggin the mods or anything, I guess I just don't see the problem with someone knowing the price to decide if they are interested or not. If the seller does decide to sell after that then a proper For Sale thread should be made.
    Last edited by Hadoken; 02-24-2009, 05:59 PM.
    Not the sports page Not a magazine

a gi thread should be solely for parts that aren't ready for sale.
    eg a part still installed on a car or polling for interest in a group buy etc but i agree that posting a tentative price shouldn't be an issue

Comment

Basically because I'm seeing way to many ppl making GI threads because they can't follow the FS rules. They're either too lazy to post pics or even take them for that matter. Its up to the mod to say "yea this sounds like a true GI thread" or "he's trying to bypass the rules".

And as far as it being in the rules, it isn't. Me and the other mods are in the process of re-vamping the rules and the GI threads are one of the main issues. Another is the sign with the screen name.
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

this is something i have no problem doing when i post a gi or fs thread i don't see the big deal in taking a picture its really not that time consuming

Comment

Working...
        X