Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Do I Install A Tach In My 95 Protege DX

Hey,
    i know it sounds kinda stupid, but i need some help with wiring for my tachometer, im not sure if it matters but its a JSM and im lost , i need to find the negative side to the... um not to sure, but have the power in-on, ground-on, and the ignition signal-on(on when switch is on)... can someone help me out... even if you wanna write me dummied instructions and let me know how stupid i am each step of the way its welcome advise,(for those taking up the offer to mock me) my e-mail address is thebiodoctor@yahoo.com
    thanks
    Shawn

is this one of those huge tachs?
    Thread is in the wrong section
    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
    |.....Overnight....................| ||
    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

sry

yes its a 5" monster, im sry i thought i had it in the right spot, but im new to this whole thing.

Comment

does your cluster not have a tach? You can just swap in the whole cluster from a LX and get the tach. Its Plug and Play
        I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

i have a LX gauge cluster for sale with the 6k redline tach if your intrested.
          ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
          ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
          What are you driving?

Comment

no their is no tach in the car at all, im trying to teach my wife to drive standard, so i bought this tach with the recall and the shift-light, that way i can show her where she should be shifting at and have the light as a reminder, no i didn't know the lx would fit... i don't know a whole lot about my protege except that i love the damn thing. i was an enthusiast of the 1st generation ford probes for a long time, but the mazda is really growing on me.

Comment

you will probably be happier with the LX cluster swap than having a ginormously huge tach screwed to the dash

Comment

ahhh, its not too bad its installed in the A-Piller, when i got the car it had had one in it before but the kid took it out because he hooked it up backwards and burn't out the computer in it

Comment

Working...
                X