Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is swapping the the GTR stuff onto the GTX beneficial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is swapping the the GTR stuff onto the GTX beneficial?

I want to know what are the benefits of swapping the injectors, ecu & airflow meter from my gtx bpt engine with the injectors ecu & airflow meter from the gtr motor. Is there anything else i would need to make this work properly or is it a straight swap?

Plugs in. You need the resistor pack tho
    Drew
    '95 EGT 1.8
    T
    '93 ELX 1.9 SC
    '91 ELX 1.9

Comment

Why would I need the resistor pack?

Comment

You need the resistor box because the GTR injectors are low imp, and the GTX ones are high imp.

Out of curiousity though, why do you want to put the GTR ECU, AFM and injectors on your GTX motor?
        Tyler has spoken

Comment

Are you upgrading the turbo? If not then don't see the benifit
          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Well i need a bpt airflow meter as the one that is on my car is not working properly. I opened it & the inside was filled with white stuff when i cleaned it out every metal peice was corroded, so corroded that i can use finger & break the metal peices in it. I found someone who has the the gtr injectors, ecu & airflow meter selling as a package for $281 us. The turbo i have installed is a Garret t25/t28

Comment

I think I have an extra GTX air meter
              Drew
              '95 EGT 1.8
              T
              '93 ELX 1.9 SC
              '91 ELX 1.9

Comment

Working...
              X