Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honda question honda guys couldnt answer, i know you all will.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda question honda guys couldnt answer, i know you all will.

i have a 1st gen integra, b16a1 engine, bad ecu, what other ecu's, if any, will work on this engine, i can'd find an exact replacement for it around here.
    i have asked the guys on acura-honda but you can't get an answer from those guys. i appreciate it if one of you engine savvy fellas, or ladies for that matter could help me dig up this info.
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

ok ill post sompin,,,since this "acura"(might as well be a f'in honda) is funding the build of the protege, i have another question. i have a d16z (sohc vtec) sitting in my garage, i have motor, tranny, harness, ecu, and axles. do you think i could prolly get more for the car with the swap, or, since the car has "DOHC' stickers on the quarter, would i get more for the car with the present setup.....d16Z=128HP, DOHC=112
    with the current engine, i destroy any sohc vtec that i meet up with. sorry to post "honda question"again i feel like **** for doing it but i trust yous guys more.
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I called and left a message for local Honda Only repair shop I know that whoudl be able to answer your question. they are called AcuHon located close to me in Miamisburg. I will let you know what they say.
      'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
      -Dean
      2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
      18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
      Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
      MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
      Injen CAI - Polished
      Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
      DaveB trim rings
      Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
      Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
      Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
      Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
      Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
      Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
      Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
      Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

thanks man

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Why don't you just get a replacement B16a ecu from ebay?

Dan
          dreesemonkey

Comment

because its a b16a1 dohc non vtec didnt find any on ebay....thanks though...the ecu's for this car are only sought after by the people that swap this engine into their crx's....very cheap ecu but the hardest to find.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

just tell everyone that u can put crx boltons on ur motor that might hlp it sell
              i is dumb

Comment

ok im stupid, im use to saying b16 cause of my boys crx but my car has a d16a1
                no wonder why nobody can answer me, damn, it would be kinda stupid to go from a b16a to a d16z6 heh.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

geez you dumbass.... lol i hate engine names.... i can barely remember the engines that fit in a 2nd gen let alone hondas

Comment

go to www.hondata.com it will tell u there about nething
                    1998 black protege, erebuni kit, 17in white eagle alloy rims, 5 percent tint all around, apex'i N1 exhaust, green street glow kit(gold series), Front And Rear Strut bars. JDM tail lights, clear corners. Katzkin interior(black & white). two 4-point evo harnesses, custom eye kids, Hid's, All custom two toned black and white interior...painted calipers and drums(black) HKS duel intake...Panasonic headunit..pioneer inside speakers..1100 watt splash amp..mtx box..two 12in kenwoon tornado subs..two 12in streetglow neaons under dash (green)PLANS FOR 07...2 toned paint job..2in drop erebuni lip spoiler and grill...Custom hood CF or fiber glass still thinking...and if eveything goes well Turbo..

Comment

i was wondering why you want to replace a b16 with a d16 ....
                      hmm maybe sohc turbo ...
                      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                      X