Removing Timing Belt Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing Timing Belt Cover

Can anyone school me in the process of removing the timing belt cover off my BP engine?

It's swapped into my Festiva... So, space is pretty limited. What do I need to take off to get the cover off? I'm not worried too much about putting it back on, so if it involves breaking stuff... I'm ok with it. :-P

Thanks.
    Simon
    www.pimptiva.com

theres like 4 bolts
    they're 10mm
    look at it instead of making stupid threads.
    yep get up and go look at it
    right now
    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
    |.....Overnight....................| ||
    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

did you really need to post this on CP and FEOA?

im going to guess you didnt swap the BP into the festiva..

Comment

Wow... Thanks guys, you're amazing.

1. I wasn't in front of the car last night while posting. I thought it was more involved, like in the Festiva where a pulley needs to be removed. That's why I posted on a forum that knows the BP engine, where-as the Festiva forum isn't as knowlegable.

2. No, I didn't do this BP swap. I did do the B6 engine swap on my first Festiva tho... As well as a complete re-wiring job on this car because the PO (who bought it a few months from another PO) did a real hack job on the car. And I also replaced the transmission on this car when I blew it into 2 pieces.

Is there some new intraweb rule that you can't post a question on multiple forums? I must've missed that.
        Simon
        www.pimptiva.com

Comment

Working...
        X