Replacing front swaybar endlinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing front swaybar endlinks

Replaced my drivers side front swaybar endlink- just a few pictures to show for it

Replacement was a beck arnley part. 101-4865 Stock endlinks are a hard plastic surrounded ball/cup with minimally packed grease-easily seen why it could fail beck arnley bits are a full metal ball/cup+grease & appear a much better design.

Good chance you'll wind up cutting your old endlinks off with a angle grinder/air grinder/etc.
    Pics***
    Attached Files
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Nice work Ryan...
    Another 4WD Protege,in works.sigpic

Comment

I couldn't remember if mine came with grease nipples on it or not... either way good job!

For mine, I just used an impact gun till either the nut came off, or it snapped off and I could just pull the bolt out. I also Never-Siezed the new threads, just in case I ever had to do it again.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
      Member of MX-3.com
      1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
      1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

I had to cut the ones off the protege for some reason. That one looks a lot better
        I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
        |.....Overnight....................| ||
        |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
        |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
        "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
        Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

very nice, new = awesome
          My baby 93' Protege Lx--R.I.P
          New Baby 94' Protege Lx Black
          91' Miata - SOLD
          93' Protege LX new Project (no rust)!
          Mods: Protege:
          Engine: Fully built with wiseco 9:1 +1mm ceramic coated tops and molly skirts, M-tuned H beams, ACL Race rod and thrust bearings with King Mains, Arp Mains ,rod and head studs,3 lbs lightend crank, Everything is ballanced, spec stage 3 clutch,lightend flywheel, RX7 Afm, Fidanza Adj. cam gears, timing,Cut intake manifold from BPT323, exintake cam swap,full port and polished head 1mm stainless oversize valves, vf12/vj20Turbo, 3" custom full exhaust w/external wastegate,3" E-Cut, Eclipse crushed BOV , Fmic, Aem Urgo wideband, Autometer boost gauge, Magnaflo Muffler,batt relocated to trunk, slight wire tuck with engine bay fuse box under dash Bp26 ecu
          Suspension: Energy Suspension rear trailing arms,Es Front Sway bar endlinks,Zx2 Front Sway Bar,El Sport w/bilstein mono tube struts and don't know what springs, Suspension Tequniques Rear Sway bar with Es endlinks,mx3 rear lower tie bar. corksport SS brakelines and clutch line.
          Exterior: Adler Racing 16"s ,Mx6 Front lip,EGT Glass Sunroof,Edm Headlight & corners EGT side skirts,Gt Led wing, Led interior 3rd brake light
          Audio: few things polk momo 6.5 components, VW Monsoon Front Componants with monsoon amp,alpine head unit
          sigpic

Comment

rusty subframe...
            I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
            |.....Overnight....................| ||
            |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
            |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
            "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
            Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

WI subframe LOL
              I greased the threads on the new ones incase i had to take it off & upgrade to 240 endlinks later on or something
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

hooray for AL sub-frames :p

looks new why not just upgrade then?
                Originally posted by 90prtege
                have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
                Originally posted by Turpro
                Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
                CRZbrussian: that sux
                CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
                CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

its the MX3. unfortunately it doesn't get near the love the 323 does. i've been taking good care of it tho

Comment

Man, A lil PB Blaster, and mine came right off. I had to take them off a couple times to redo my Lower control arm bushings, and I need to do it again here soon too... the Passenger side is all oil covered thanks to a leaky valvecover gasket... Darn that KIA VC!!!

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
                    Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

did you pull the whole spindle off? lol looks like you have a caliper and an axle just hangin out.

looks good tho man

wtf is up with your intake btw? haha

JACK.
                      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Nice! I got to show you my adjustable elm joint links! How long has your 323 has been siting for? Look at that rust on those rotors! lol

Comment

sitting for way too long antonio.

jack, i replaced the wheel bearings in the front, so the spindle was taken off.
                          & the intake, well thats the super awesome high power PCV cold air intake

Comment

Working...
                          X