oem shop manual for the bg awd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oem shop manual for the bg awd

what shop manual covers the awd proteges?

i would assume 90 and 91 or was there a special one that
    covered the awd's?
    5 boosted bp cars,why...

Yeah if I remember correctly, the regular shop manual covers the awd cars too, and there might be a supplemental manual just for the awd too. I can check when I get home today. Anything in particular you need? I wouldn't mind helping you out.
    1988 323 GTX 5 speed
    MODS: It's my garage art

1990 Miata 5 speed
    MODS: Awaiting on GM goodness...

1990 Protege 4wd 5 speed
    MODS: BPT/AWD swap, JSPEED Coilovers, MS3PRO

2000 Miata 5 speed
    Stock with Bilstein Suspension Package
    Chillin in the backyard with a rod knock

Comment

Originally posted by xtg323adzam View Post
      Yeah if I remember correctly, the regular shop manual covers the awd cars too, and there might be a supplemental manual just for the awd too. I can check when I get home today. Anything in particular you need? I wouldn't mind helping you out.
      that would be good, nothing in perticular, i just want one that covers the awd.
      5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

Here is a specfic "4x4 Supplement". I have a hard copy, but I don't have "regular" Protege/323 manual and I have been able to get by. There are a few links floating around here for electronic copies of both the regular and the supplement.

Book4cars.com has the supplement for $40: http://www.books4cars.com/result2.as....y=6&offset=50

Comment

Originally posted by Rivet View Post
          Here is a specfic "4x4 Supplement". I have a hard copy, but I don't have "regular" Protege/323 manual and I have been able to get by. There are a few links floating around here for electronic copies of both the regular and the supplement.

Book4cars.com has the supplement for $40: http://www.books4cars.com/result2.as....y=6&offset=50
          i did a search for mazda protege on the site and nothing came up
          5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

Sorry, about the bad link. I just did a copy & paste of the URL.

Try www.books4cars.com and start a new search.

They have: Service Highlights ($14.95), Owners manual ($34.95), Shop Manual ($54.95), Wiring Diagrams ($19.95), 4x4 Supp ($39.95) and Chilton's & Haynes Manuals.

Comment

thanks rivet, so the only ones that covers the awd is the 4x4 one, the regular 90-91 protege oem shop manual just covers 2wd's.
              5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

Correct; the 4x4 supp has all new sections where the AWD is unique. You might still want the regular shop manual for the Engine and Interior sections. I've been just fine with the 4x4 supp, but I plan to get the "rest of the set" when we have some extra cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Rivet View Post
                  Correct; the 4x4 supp has all new sections where the AWD is unique. You might still want the regular shop manual for the Engine and Interior sections. I've been just fine with the 4x4 supp, but I plan to get the "rest of the set" when we have some extra cash.
                  is this the site you got yours from then?
                  also any updates on the blown awd tranz with the missing 5th gear set your buddy was going to take to appleton?
                  also will the tranz come with the tranz/diff case and the champain flange?
                  5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

ooh, fancy french transmissions, with champagne!! Boozin' it up, eh?

Or companion flange, perhaps? tee hee. sorry, had to give you some crap.

--sarge
                    Last edited by SgtRauksauff; 03-24-2009, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtRauksauff View Post
                      ooh, fancy french transmissions, with champagne!! Boozin' it up, eh?

Or companion flange, perhaps? tee hee. sorry, had to give you some crap.

--sarge
                      yes i new if i called it that someone would change it for me, i have been working of a friend foxbody stang the last few weeks and could not remember the official name.

sarge did you ever try that dohc stuff on the sohc in your awd?
                      5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

I "salavaged" my 4x4 supp from a big pile of shop manuals that was going to a dumpster. That was about 5 years ago, long before I even thought about buying one, I just grabed the Mazda manuals I could get to. I would have taken more, but a Miata trunk is only so big.

I have not ordered from book4cars. But I plan to, I like to have the factory manuals for my cars when I can get them, but I always find something else to spend the money on.

As for the trans, it should be on its way this weekend. You'll get the case and 1-4 gears. 5th/reverse went to BPT323. The transfer case is empty, it was all junk in there. I think I included the diff lock motor. I kept the clutch stuff and mounting brackets. We also kept the diff and plantery gear set for our manual transmission class. You'll be welcome to the left overs after the new engine and trans is in (whenever that is, at the rate I'm going, we'll both be retired).
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X