Who has the best component system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has the best component system?

I want people's opinions on the best component system for under $300 a set. This is a 5.25 component system. There are a lot of good ones from Diamond Audio, JL Audio, CDT, and Focal to name a few. To date, the best I have listened to were Diamond Audio which was a good while back, but the blew my Boston Acoustics Pro Series out of the water!
    2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
    KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
    Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
    Groundkit

MB QUART!!!! Anything besides Decks, Amps, and Subs, would wanna go with MB Quart, unless you find some Alpine or Infinity stuff REAL CHEAP.

Comment

check the net... get the type X alpine components.... get them in 3 way... 6" woofer 51/4" mid 1" tweeter.... I think i saw them for about 350 or the type X 2 ways are still nice

Comment

c'mon now mike, you know it's all personal taste when it comes down to it i'm planning on upgrading to the type X components, cause for $270 they are a good deal
        Shop Lowest Price on: Alpine SPX-137R Component Systems. 5-1/4 2-Way Component Speaker System

or i might try these focals:
        Shop Lowest Price on: Focal 130K Component Systems. 2 Way Component Speakers

or these:
        Shop Lowest Price on: Focal 136K Component Systems. Component Speakers (Pair)

i might give these Oz's a whirl
        Shop Lowest Price on: Oz Audio Oz-Matrix CS-130 Component Systems. OZ Matrix SQ Components (Pair)

mb quarts:
        Shop Lowest Price on: MB Quart PCE-213 Component Systems. 5.25 2-way component / coaxial system with 1 tweeter

and i can go on and on. i'm looking for something around $300 for when i make new kick panels. i'll have to be careful with the type R's running 200 watts to each side, so i want to get a set that will definitely handle more power, since i'm thinking of running more power to them

Comment

What about the Ed components? Is there any more info on them yet?
          02 Protege ES

Comment

Originally posted by Dermen
            What about the Ed components? Is there any more info on them yet?

none yet but i heard resonant engineering's components will be similar, with a 6.5 with some sick ass excursion, like 14 mm or some **** like that around $400 for them, though.

Comment

I am a big fan of Focal Utopia and Polykevlar series. Best speakers for the dollar, but a lot of dollars!
              I like Diamond also well enough.
              Boston make some nice seperates also.
              Check into Image Dynamics if you are looking for something diffterent. Their horns have done very well over the years in competition.
              But it is what sounds good to your ears that counts- not a brand's name or reputation to impress others!
              David A. Cameron
              "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
              stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Ex Protege Owner- and I still love em!
              2004 Cooperworks Mini
              2003 Acura TSX

And I swear not another car until my daughter gets a drivers license!!

De Oppresso Liber
              Sine Pari

Comment

dave, i heard that the horns are awesome, but take some time to properly aim them. i'm still thinking of designing a sub bass horn for a 6.5" like what elemental designs and resonant engineering are coming out with. 12-14 mm of xmax on a small driver. but a horn even for that is going to be huge for low freq use

Comment

The only thing about MB Quart is that I hear that they are bright sounding speakers. My Boston Acoustic Speakers are pretty bright even with the passive Xover provided by them set to (-3db). I wonder if the kick panels do more harm than good as far as overextending them with a moderate amount of power. I hear good things about Focal speakers too, but the shop I used to work at closed down for renovations. I forgot that ED is going to sell separates.
                  2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                  KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                  Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                  Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by MisterT
                    I wonder if the kick panels do more harm than good as far as overextending them with a moderate amount of power.

i think having them enclosed would be better for them, since they have the air resistance behind them. if it was open, they'd overextend even more. i'm thinking of it like a sub in a sealed box vs. infinite baffle

Comment

Working...
                    X