Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Gen Turbo Question.

Say I put a T3 on my auto SOHC.
    custom turbo manifold, custom piping, 93 rx-7 Turbo fuel pump, DSM BOV,Oil lines, running like at 5psi, with a custom downpipe to my stock exhaust. I'll run it like that cuz of tight budget.
    Will my tranny blow up in little pieces when the the turbo spools up or will it handle it? Im not planning on racing it, just a normal daily driver.
    Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
    you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

The tranny should handle normal driving, but if you're on a tight budget I doubt you'll be able to get a custom manifold made + all the other turbo goodies. Weren't you thinking of buying an LX anyways?
    -------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Yeah.. But sometimes I say "i'm gonna throw it in the garbage, or junk it" but thinking about all the effort that i put into this car always makes me think twice. so im unsure.

Comment

Drop the DOHC in it, or get a GTX.
        BP-05 Turbo-Sold
        2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

I wouldnt trust a auto tranny like that with anything over 150 hp, Why would you do all that work just to daily druve it?. JUst buy a lx protege and a vj-20 turbo and manifold

Comment

I want to turbo it so that i could Maybe sell it faster and for more $.

Comment

Originally posted by RALLYBP_94
              I want to turbo it so that i could Maybe sell it faster.
              Once you turbo it, you'll loose even more money if you want to sell it. I might have my DOHC engine for sale pretty soon if you're interested.
              '91 LX
              '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
              well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

I want to turbo it so that i could Maybe sell it faster.
                So your gonna throw 1500 into it to sell it for 1800 at most i will give you 300 for the car if you want and you can just scrap the idea and buy a lx 5 speed

Comment

BTW you will love the lx5speed :-)

Comment

Originally posted by itzkcatz
                    So your gonna throw 1500 into it to sell it for 1800 at most i will give you 300 for the car if you want and you can just scrap the idea and buy a lx 5 speed
                    You're giving me $300 US dollars for my car?? What are you... crazy or something??
                    By the way... i already have the manifold,the T3 (Garrett, it already has the oil/water flanges.), and the piping.
                    the only things I need are... fuel pump( Turboge is selling a Walbro 255lph for like $50shipped), a BOV off a DSM on Ebay $30?, oil lines $70, downpipe would cost me like around $100 and other $50 clamps and gaskets maybe. You do the math.
                    Last edited by RALLYBP_94; 01-10-2004, 07:46 PM.

Comment

You're giving me $300 US dollars for my car?? What are you... crazy or something??
                      By the way... i already have the manifold,the T3 (Garrett), and the piping.
                      the only things I need are... fuel pump( Turboge is selling a Walbro 255lph for like $50shipped), a BOV off a DSM on Ebay $30?, oil lines $70, downpipe would cost me like around $100. You do the math.

Soooo save that and buy a lx 5 speed and throw it on.

Comment

is 300 to much or to little for your car?

Comment

Originally posted by itzkcatz
                          is 300 to much or to little for your car?
                          Do YOU think is too much?? I think is TOO little.

Comment

Read my post and do the math of what i was saying, If you throw 1500 into a car you can only sell for atmost 1800 then you basically just sold the car for 300,So keep the parts you have sell the car for 1000-1200 buy a lx 5 speed and turbo that with the manifold turbo and things your getting or have already. You will have another 25hp a 5 speed power everything and prob a sunroof with alloys.

Comment

Or buy a 5speed dx and turbo that.

Comment

Working...
                              X