SSCC Spring Enduro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSCC Spring Enduro

So.... I was in Medford this past weekend for a pretty kick @$$ time. The g/f and I went down to meet up with the rest of the gang. And from there, it was a weekend of track time.
    Friday and Saturday were practice. I kept running consecutive 65 seconds laps, and was shooting to break 64 sec. 63 would be nice, but trying to be realisitc.

I told my friends I'm confident I'm doing the best I can and just not sure how much better I can do. Every run was in the 65's.. Well, when it came for the practices to count on Sunday. We ran a 5 lap enduro. This is my time:

5:25.404

I broke the 64 second line. No passenger, which could very well be what helped it out. So it's cool to see my last lap was my absolute best.

Pretty exciting as the last 2 laps my brakes were just about gone. I was doing some HARD LFB this entire run as I saw in my last few practice laps it was helping. So I'm damn near 100% on throttle, dropping to mayb 70-80% here and there. While applying the brakes pretty damn well. This even really helped me get the technique down as it gave me ample attempts to practice it.

I'm pleased with the results. I did come away with a 1st in class.... Only because I was the only H-stock competitor. Kinda pathetic I think I get a plaque out of it. But I reached my goal, and performed better than others still. Overall I was 45/59.

The Honda performed well. And only took a lil stress barely leaking oil towards the end. I'm workin on getting that checked out. Only seems to do it under intense stress from the engine.

It was an awesome weekend! and the 6-7 hr drive home wasn't too bad. Drove 6 hrs to take the g/f back to school and another hour back home. It was worth it. Btw, this entire thing cost me $50 entry free, $51 total in fuel, and about $12 in grub. So it was well worth the money for 3 days of track time!

I recommend anyone in the area to come to the next enduro. It's fun. I'll get some pics up as soon as my g/f gets them to me, but in the meantime, here are some vids:

My official run
    My Practice
    SRT-4 Jolynn
    MX-3 KLZE
    He has tons of work, along with more just waiting to be dropped on. (CF hatch with lexan window)
    1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
    Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
    "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."
Working...
X