SAFC function help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAFC function help

Hey all.. so i came across a free SAFC a while ago.. so i figured hell, might as well install it, eventually plan on going boost anyways, and it was free, so why not!

Everything works fine, except for ONE thing..

when i initially start the car.. it is in warm up idle like normal... my speedo tach shows 1500... so does my tach reading on the SAFC.. but once the car is warmed up... my SAFC tach reading doesnt seem to ever want to drop past 2000rpm.

I've already tried it on 1 all the way to 4cyl readout.

the only accurate reading i get overall in driving range, is for 1cyl output.

and even then... the rpm doesnt want to drop below 2K..

while driving.. it's dead on accurate with my factory tach.. but when i sit at a light.. it refuses to drop under 2000rpm..

occasionally.. when i come to a stop.. the safc readout will say "0 rpm" then slowly shoot upto the 2K mark.

i had a problem with my safc reading arratic rpm like i was doing 3500 and it would shoot to 8500 and drop back down. i talked to the apexi people and they told me i needed to get the prm signal right off the ecm. so i did that and now it works fine. dont know it that will help you at all. (safc neo)
    92 pro

Comment

Yeah, you used the wrong RPM signal wire....

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
      Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

Working...
      X