Clutch cable??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch cable??

my 88 GT clutch cable keeps giving me problems.. this is the second time ive had to rebuild it with cable from home depot and there isnt enough meat to do it a third time :/

the housing is digging into the cable causing it to fray..

anyone know if i can just get a non turbo cable or do those use a hydraulic clutch? or if any cables can be interchanged?

im dreading going to the dealer i know its going to be super expensive

any info would be much appreciated thanks
    '88 mazda 323 GT

stock b6t, k&n cone filter, 2 1/2 turbo back exhaust, vf11/vj11 turbo, conquest intercooler, bosche bypass valve, magnecore 8mm wires,turbo xs dual stage boost controller, el proto ecu mapped for 18 psi and 8000 rpm.

Fortunately for us 2wd guys, the cables are the same on all 2wd models, turbo or not. Just grab one out of a j yard and call it good. Save yourself alot of time and frustration that way.
    Mazda
    1988 Black 323 GT
    DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

should be the same as a 2wd one
      2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
      1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by nerd racing View Post
        should be the same as a 2wd one
        you mean non-turbo one right?
        '88 mazda 323 GT

stock b6t, k&n cone filter, 2 1/2 turbo back exhaust, vf11/vj11 turbo, conquest intercooler, bosche bypass valve, magnecore 8mm wires,turbo xs dual stage boost controller, el proto ecu mapped for 18 psi and 8000 rpm.

Comment

Originally posted by FamiliaGT View Post
          Fortunately for us 2wd guys, the cables are the same on all 2wd models, turbo or not. Just grab one out of a j yard and call it good. Save yourself alot of time and frustration that way.

cool!! thats what i was hoping

junkyard it is!
          '88 mazda 323 GT

Comment

Working...
          X