Foglight help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foglight help

ok, so this is my first thread on club protege and i hope this hasn't been posted about. i have an '88 GTX and wish to add some foglights. seeing as it wasn't offered with foglights im assuming there is no oem switch available. does anyone know what switch i can use that will still look relatively stock (i don't want to use a crappy generic rocker switch)? i noticed some deletes to the right of the steering wheel that look about the correct size for a switch.

oh and i did search the forum and all it pulled up was info on the EGT fog switch but i only saw that it fits into the BG 323s... i guess im just wondering if it will also fit into my BF. or are their switches i could possibly source from canada/europe/japan? just wanted to know my options here

also, could anyone recommend some foglights? i plan on getting some decent size round ones and mounting them between the headlights.

I always had hoped to install driving/fog lights on my car but there just didn't ever seem to be room for it to make them look OEM. As for switches that might work, I would recommend going to the junkyard (Pull-a-part is the cheapest way to go in my area) and use one of the existing push-button switches like the A/C or other (that can handle the amps you need) and go from there. Good luck.

Comment

I have an 88 BF SE sedan, I was planning to put a pushbutton switch for the fogs in the spot that holds the rear wipe/wash switch for the hatchback models - this being the large round spot in the upper left of the cluster surround.

As far as mounting of the lights, I found a nice set of oval fogs that would fit nicely in those holes in the valance on the stock frontend outboard of the tow loops.

Comment

Working...
      X