new in car lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new in car lighting

well, since i'm changing my guage lights to red, along with the HVAC lights, and my jvc head unit has red buttons, i decided to change my interior lights over to red. i went with SVC, who supplies cold cathodes and fans and what not for computers. they have a lot of their stuff on sale right now.
    main lighting page.
    multi color LED bubble tube.
    i'm putting a bubble tube on each front door.
    EL rope/wire.
    12" cold cathode tubes.
    i ordered 4 of the 12" tubes, one for under each front seat and under the dash, 2 of the bubble tubes, and two 5' sections of the rope light. with shipping the cost came out to $49.99

Sounds like its gonna look nice. Don't forget to take pics after you install them

SVC is a good company. Usually they have half their stuff on sale at all times. I ordered some computer parts from them a few weeks ago and had excellent service.
    02 Protege ES

Comment

so bruce, do you just hook them up like normal or no? since they are for a pc is why im asking

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
        so bruce, do you just hook them up like normal or no? since they are for a pc is why im asking

bruce? who's bruce i'm brian and i know the main computer lines are 12 volts, and the turn on lines are 5 volts, so i'll see which one they need. worst come to worst i'll use a resistor inline to drop down the voltage

Comment

god damnit srry dude... i was tired last night... my bad... damnit cant believe I called you bruce blue....sorry...a resistor eh.... and wtf is that lol... I hate electronics....

Comment

god damnit srry dude... i was tired last night... my bad... damnit cant believe I called you bruce blue....sorry...a resistor eh.... and wtf is that lol... I hate electronics....

it's a way to step down the voltage from 12+ volts to 5 volts, if needed and no problem about calling me bruce

Comment

I mean I know what it is but dont you have to make those things? and damnit I suck at makin **** like that lol

Comment

I mean I know what it is but dont you have to make those things? and damnit I suck at makin **** like that lol

lol, i've never tried to make a resistor, let alone know where to start i'd just use one's i've bought for projects before, or calculate the exact value i need and buy it from radio shack
                voltage = current x resistance

Comment

Hows it coming along?

btw...Hi brian. My name is brian

Comment

Originally posted by bz3n
                    Hows it coming along?

btw...Hi brian. My name is brian

well, unfortunately i won't be home again till the 24th it's a federal holiday this monday, but it looks like i'll be working sat thru monday

and congrats on having a good name

Comment

lol... crazy people and their names.... although I know a guy named brian and he's gay.... haha what about that bitch,

Comment

lol... crazy people and their names.... although I know a guy named brian and he's gay.... haha what about that bitch,
                        You know Aaron is a girl's name.

Comment

yes but not spelled the same way

Comment

i think you spend too much damned time thinking about gay guys so are you his bitch? you've already got the girls name covered

lol, alright, enough post whoring in here

Comment

lol

Not all brians are gay!

right, brian?

Comment

Working...
                              X