wipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wipers

the dx i'm picking up has something wrong w/ the wipers.

either the motor, or something, but when the blades were frozen to the window, they were turned on and ever since, they don't rotate anymore.

has anyone worked on their blades before?
    Current Cars
    94 DX, 97 Corolla
    Past Cars 92 LX(CDN), 89 CIVIC DX, 93 Teg, 93 MX-3

Originally posted by cablemirc
    i believe the gears in the wiper motor are plastic, and are prone to breaking under extreme temperature/with age/under resistance.

i have not yet had any problems with mine.
    gonna try to take a look at it tonight and see what I can figure out.
    Current Cars
    94 DX, 97 Corolla
    Past Cars 92 LX(CDN), 89 CIVIC DX, 93 Teg, 93 MX-3

Comment

no that would be a burt out motor, blades didnt move when you put the power to them because they were frozen, so they just sat there and cooked themselves, your looking at new motors for the wipers,

oh and what bout that black door you had for sale of your lx im still wanting that how much,shape, shipping etc...
      No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

Could be either the motors themselves. It could also just be a coincidence that they don't work now, in which case it could also be an electrical problem (motors aren't getting power), so break out a voltmeter before you start tearing stuff apart.
        ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

Just in case, check the appropriate fuse also. It might've burnt out before the motor.
          -------------------------
          '91 LX
          '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
          -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
          well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

dont bother taking the blades off. Unscrew the caps and then tighten the bolts.

or the whole thing could be stripped, then u are ****ed
            NOW WITH SPINNER HUB CAPS

Comment

dont bother taking the blades off. Unscrew the caps and then tighten the bolts.

or the whole thing could be stripped, then u are ****ed

lmfao, you are sooo subtle lol

Comment

Working...
              X