rich--lean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rich--lean

i have been fighting this rich lean problem. i have a 92 pro with the bp. i rebuilt the whole motor about 5-7k ago and i boosted it about 2k ago. i have a t3t4 hybrid with a jgs log style manifold. front mount intercooler. and i am running the safc neo for tuning. the problem i have been having is that with the 460cc i run a little lean (13:1) while boosting at about 3900 to 4400. but after 4400 i run 11-12:1. o and i am boostin about 10psi. so i put 550cc in there and i run to rich all the time and i cant take enough fuel away on the bottom end when im not making boost. with the 460s it seems like once i go on the postive side of the safc adjustment it wont put any more fuel in. so what do you all think i should do i have been fighting this problem for a while now. ( and i have the walbro 255)
    92 pro

Originally posted by tylerroy View Post
    i have been fighting this rich lean problem. i have a 92 pro with the bp. i rebuilt the whole motor about 5-7k ago and i boosted it about 2k ago. i have a t3t4 hybrid with a jgs log style manifold. front mount intercooler. and i am running the safc neo for tuning. the problem i have been having is that with the 460cc i run a little lean (13:1) while boosting at about 3900 to 4400. but after 4400 i run 11-12:1. o and i am boostin about 10psi. so i put 550cc in there and i run to rich all the time and i cant take enough fuel away on the bottom end when im not making boost. with the 460s it seems like once i go on the postive side of the safc adjustment it wont put any more fuel in. so what do you all think i should do i have been fighting this problem for a while now. ( and i have the walbro 255)
    Sounds like you're fine.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

RPM is meaningless, we need AFR vs Boost pressure to tell if it's fine or not.

Comment

safc cant add fuel

what ecu are you using?
        n/a or gtx fpr?
        stock pump or walbro 255?

Comment

walbro 255 n/a fpr and i am using the stock ecu for the 92 pro. i know the safc doesnt really "add" fuel. it changes the vaf reading. as for the boost to afr. the 3900 to 4400 i am like at like 8psi on its way to ten. when i am boosting 10 past 4400 i am at 11-12:1. o and lil side note i also retarded base timing back to about 7-8btdc
          92 pro

Comment

Working...
          X