bad ground maybe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad ground maybe?

alright so i went to the JY to get some parts, two which included the rear defroster switch because i couldnt figure out why it wouldnt work, fuse was ok and so were the wires. i also got the emergency switch too because it wouldnt light up all the way. i got both parts and their both doing the exact same thing. the only thing i can think of is bad ground, any other ideas?
    James G.
    sobe83@yahoo.com
    AIM: DVS 323BPT
    MySpace
    Cardomain
    <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

What do you need a rear def for now dude? This ain't Washington, lol.
    Scott
    '94 Protege LX - gone, but not forgotten
    '96 Volvo 854T Platinum Limited Edition
    '98 Volvo V70 T5
    '03 Mazda MPV GFX

Comment

cause i dont have a/c and it get steamy in my car because of all the humidity.
      James G.
      sobe83@yahoo.com
      AIM: DVS 323BPT
      MySpace
      Cardomain
      <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

moved to electronics

it could be a bad ground, could be bad connectors/connections/lines at the rear window, bad plug pin, a pinch in the line or loom. Electrical probs like this are sometimes hard to diagnose. All you can do is start looking around, unpluggging and plugging back in suspicious plugs and checking the pins, as with the groud points.

Comment

I had the same problem with my hazard button.
          the led behind it got pushed to the side and half of it looks lighted up due to the dash being pulled out to put in the tach.

That just requires holding the led in place while putting the dash back together, I think.

The other, dunno.

Good luck though and let us know if you fix it.
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
          X