synapse bov + anti-stall kit
    rx7 vaf untuned
    rx7 injectors
    walbro 255lph
    gtr ecu
    aem wideband
    4 wire o2 sensor
    4 wire tps

i am currently running rich at startup at 12-13 after its was it stays about the same sometimes it will run 14-15 its odd

while cruising i sometimes get 12-14 depending on rpms but sometimes it will run lean 16-17 then go back to normal

under boost it could be anywhere from 11-12

im going start with checking the vaf voltage key on engine off/idle also going to check the coolant sensor that's near the intake

i need some help trying to figure out whats making the car runs like this so anyone that has had a similar setup post or any good info would help

i unplugged the iacv to check it and idle went up a little so that means its good

i also turned on the rear defrost headlights and heat and the idle dropped down to 800rpm and i got 14-15 on the wideband

Comment

i wonder if a bad ground or power supply to the fuel pump is whats making you run lean intermittently....

Comment

all the grounds seem to be ok i do plan on replacing the passengers side one that bolts to the front of the engine its seen better days

Comment

It's that O2 sensor - from the pic you sent me I can't tell if it's wire in correctly. You have to check the signal line on it - but from what you describe the O2 is not working as it should

Comment

far as i know the stock sensor is a type b i wired it like this as per the directions

blue -> black
            black -> white
            black -> white
            white -> grey

is there any way i can test what wire is what?

Comment

i am really stumped

Comment

Originally posted by smoke187 View Post
                i am really stumped
                What is going on?

And where did you get the wiring instructions from? Can you please post the source?

Comment

this is all i changed for the wiring and that's it

o2 sensor install pdf http://www.boschautoparts.com/NR/rdo...sorInstall.pdf

stock pigtail left universal bosch wires on the right

got the 4 wire tps info from here

4th tps wire tapped here

moved 1 pin 2l to 2m
                  Last edited by smoke187; 05-09-2009, 02:10 PM.

Comment

inside so called gtr vaf i was told it was modified when i got it

just looks like a rx7 vaf to me but im no expert

Comment

the 3rd wire on the vaf is the one to test the volts to check if its 3.8v with key on engine off?

Comment

going to grab some o2 sensors from the junkyard
                        Last edited by smoke187; 05-11-2009, 02:43 PM.

Comment

guys i really need to get this thing running right

i drove it about a full 25 miles today and it sometimes gets to 16-17 during cruising and will drop to 10 and sound like its boosting or the bov is letting off pressure and it stumbles and under boost im hitting 10 on the wideband

i really have no clue what is going on with it

i am to the point of swapping the harness from the protege into the mx3 just to see if that could be the issue

Comment

Sounds like that BOV is leaking and losing a whole bunch of metered air which is causing the really rich condition.

Comment

I had a problem like that... check the wires to your coolant sensor and check the coolant sensor.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
                              Member of MX-3.com
                              1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
                              1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

Working...
                              X