Borg Warner Select Distributor cap and Duralast rotor button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Borg Warner Select Distributor cap and Duralast rotor button

Distributor Cap: Advance auto pt #C689 Has brass contacts for better connections and transfer of spark

Rotor Button: Autozone pt# F995 Has brass contact.
    Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
    "Who Dey"

what no review?

Comment

I was having an ignition cut out in the higher rpms and now it dont have it anymore with this combo.
      Last edited by bomdoutscort; 05-09-2009, 06:17 PM.
      "Who Dey"

Comment

This is also the combo that wheresthericego uses for his setup on his t3 powered bpt that was having issues with the ignition in the higher rpms and he has a post here http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41949
        "Who Dey"

Comment

'90 SOHC Rotor

Currently having an issue locating a rotor that will fit the SOHC 1.8.
          Purchased a B/W Cap #C689 and Rotor #D747. The rotor is the same height as the existing rotor, but the mounting shaft is different. The triangular locating shaft only allows the original rotor to be placed in one clocking position. The angle of one of the corners are slightly more acute. The replacement rotor #D474 has a larger triangle and does not fit on the smaller SOHC dist shaft. It will spin and fall off.
          I found a rotor that does look like the smaller trianglular shaft labeled AF995, which looks like the rotor in this thread, but the bottom of the rotor shaft is flush with the disc. The existing rotor has a shaft that protrudes ~1".
          I had a couple of stores pull the different rotors to compare, and looked at MX6/Probe 2.2 rotors, turbo and non turbo. And nothing matches up to the rotor I have. There is one rotor which I have not been able to get a look at Niehoff FF58A. Albeit its the one I need

What is baffling is that every two years I have changed the rotor,cap,plugs,wires prior to the bi-annual smog check since '04.
          Sooo, what the hell is going on? No one seems to have the correct rotor. Brought a couple of counter jockeys out, from various stores, to check for themselves and nope nothing seems to fit.
          FWIW the '90 SE is a 12/89 build.
          -Michael
          '90 Protege SE
          Originally posted by charles
          It's probably to fix that ****ing automatic seatbelt

Comment

SOHC= FF58A rotor

Damn I'm good. Yup its the Nieoff Ultra rotor that is the correct rotor for SOHC 1.8 B8s.
            Costly too, friggin $24.71(US) out the door.

I did recall that both parts were not of the same 'manufacture' last time I redid the cap/rotor. So this answers that.
            BTW Nieoff is a BWD division.
            Last edited by MADMIKE; 06-20-2009, 03:03 AM. Reason: Emoticon
            -Michael
            '90 Protege SE
            Originally posted by charles
            It's probably to fix that ****ing automatic seatbelt

Comment

Working...
            X