mx3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mx3

i have everything ready to go in my mx3 with my gtr swap but am having serious problems with my wiring i had a gtx harness and then took that out and bought a gtr harness off of some guy on 323 and put it in and now some of plugs are not matching up and im confused very much.. any help ideas

alright a little update i plugged the distributor in and a couple othe random other plygs that match up but still have quite a few that dont have anything... i also noticed that tps sensor is not the right one can i pick this up at a parts store or is that something i am going to have to find? another thing i thought of, would it make a difference if this harness came out of say an awd 323 and its going in my fwd mx3? this is the only thing holding me up really need some help

Comment

I think you will need an auto TPS. I would use the search button to get more info. Get some pics up too!

Comment

I used the search button no help that's why I'm resorting to a new thread but ill get some pics up later

Comment

Junkyard throttle body from an Auto.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
          Member of MX-3.com
          1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
          1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

if its a bp engine you can use the american bp wiring harness from a ford gt or mazda protege, just make sure you get the ECU that comes with that harness

Comment

Well here's my situation I originally bought a gtx motor and then did reseacrh on the gtr and had a thread up a long time ago and found out that it is supposely a gtr motor from the turbo and other stuff... so I took the gtx harness out and bought a gtr harness and bought a standalone. So after I got this harness a couple days ago I'm having this problem with some plugs not plugging into anything and I am so lost why and what to do? I will be out working on the mx today so I will get pics and maybe now I explained in detail someone will be able to help me.

Comment

does anyone have the manual for this motor i dont have one? diagrams

Comment

MD323 does I believe - he will chime in here ...

Comment

i have the GTR supplement somewhere, I keep changing the links so there not hotlinked to every corner of the internetz.
                    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Theres dual magna flows on there now.
                      Last edited by williamgasdick; 05-30-2009, 02:19 AM.

Comment

alright so heres what i decided this has been the longest and most frustrating project ever i have rebuilt this car from top to bottom and everything on this car is new so im going to post under the hood a little later. if i cant get help with this problem welpp then it will be time to let this go and move on.

Comment

I would help you out but im nowhere near you. you just need to get some good diagrams and start tracing wires.
                          91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Kmax rear doesnt flow with the drifter sides/front imo. But neato anywho.

Edit: Or is that the buddy club rear? Still doesnt flow. =D

Comment

it flows good enough i hated all the other back bumpers and it still needs a little work later and its a kmax... but ya progt91 its almost like there is noone in my area. this just has been so confusing with the mix up with the gtr instead of the gtx and thats not bad but now i have every wiring harness and i cant figure out whats wrong and if i took it to a shop they would have no clue what i brought them. but what i am going to do i pull all electrical from the bay and post pics up on here and try and get diagrams off MD323 and see if anyone can guide me through this mess before i give up

Comment

Working...
                              X