I hate rust...LX rear disc progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate rust...LX rear disc progress

Spent some good time working on the rear disc tonight.. only to wind up breaking the stock metal break lines.... (pile of **** rusted Wisconsin parts are not reccomended for use on any vehicle)

I went out and cleaned the whole axel assembly.. then proceeded to go to my local Farm and Fleet... to pick up some high temp engine enamel (black)
    so my axel is now sitting waiting to be painted... to help stop all the rest of whats not rusted from rusting.... has any body else encountered the problem or the metal brake lines breaking????.... im going out hunting tommorow for new brake lines... then those get painted immediatley as well.... hopefully saving me some time in the future...
    My SS lines are being coated as well in the high temp enamal.... a slight bitch to do but worth every penny in the end. so those will go on tommorow as well... my new hub assemblies for the rear are on order to be coming in sometime next week. YAY!
    smooth brand new wheel bearings, SS lines and new calipers..... sounds delicious to me
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

I have done it before on my red 323...
    You more than likely won't find that brake line anywhere...
    I got a replacement.. that cost me 11 bucks from www.mazdaformance.com

They will need your Vin number also to order the part for you ....
    Tell them Bruce Scott sent you ....

Later
    Bruce
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

what was the part number... i'll most likely need to replace both sides off of the rear proportioning valve to the OEM rubber lines... can't i pick up something that will work and still fit our threads??? like from a car parts store and re-bend it?

did the rear line that you got come pre-bent?
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

yeah my rear line came pre-bent... Just email him because you have to give him your VIN number then he can look up your model ... They are very thorough ...
        If you go on there website and go to contact us .. wamo .. or you can call them ..
        whichever is better for you ..
        I snaped mine right behind the rear rubber brake line .. on the rusty red 323.. I sold it to the guy like that.. he knew. and I purchased the new part and gave it to him ...

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

did it come with a slight plastic coating on them?
          mine had a slight plastic coating black in color on them. on parts of it not the whole line.
          im almost 100% sure that the way the lines are bent didn't change in any of the LX years... so i think im just gonna get my friends vin number...and proceed that way....

did you ask for a specific side only? is it possible to get both sides? do you think?

Comment

yeah it had a black plastic coating on it. I really can't see how it would hurt to give them your VIN .. I don't know if you have a special car or an imported car or something . But if you do there may be a difference.
            Originally posted by bpt323
            did it come with a slight plastic coating on them?
            mine had a slight plastic coating black in color on them. on parts of it not the whole line.
            im almost 100% sure that the way the lines are bent didn't change in any of the LX years... so i think im just gonna get my friends vin number...and proceed that way....

did you ask for a specific side only? is it possible to get both sides? do you think?
            ohh I forgot.. I broke the passenger rear brake line...
            to much damn rust there also..
            Last edited by bruce95fmla; 01-15-2004, 01:47 PM.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
            X