Strut upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strut upgrade

Hi all, I'm getting ready to buy struts and springs and I'm still a little clueless I guess. I decided on H&R Lowering Springs and KYB GR-2 Struts over the Tokico as she's going to be a daily driver. Is there any reason I should chose the Tokicos over the KYBs?
    I was also wondering if I need to buy the boots and strut mounts separately or do those come with the struts. And if they don't is there any reason I shouldn't use the stock strut mounts? Or should I throw down the extra 100+ dollars for the KYB strut mounts?
    Thanks all.
    BF 323 '86 GTR swap - project
    '95 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4x4 - daily driver (for now...)

Abso doggone lootly change the mounts....

Originally posted by sano86323 View Post
    Hi all, I'm getting ready to buy struts and springs and I'm still a little clueless I guess. I decided on H&R Lowering Springs and KYB GR-2 Struts over the Tokico as she's going to be a daily driver. Is there any reason I should chose the Tokicos over the KYBs?
    I was also wondering if I need to buy the boots and strut mounts separately or do those come with the struts. And if they don't is there any reason I shouldn't use the stock strut mounts? Or should I throw down the extra 100+ dollars for the KYB strut mounts?
    Thanks all.
    I had one break last year on the rear, so I believe they take more blunt force that the struts themselves. My Oppinion on that!

But yes change them the new struts could break the old one on the first bump.

I have already bought the Kyb mounts. The fronts are more cost than the rear.

I wish I lived closer to other members to have another person of more experience to oversee my work. I take time because I break things easily.
    (overtighten tendencies) lol

Go KYB, a Tokico factory is in Kentucky that I have serviced, and those guys play video games on the job, with the lights out.

I strongly encouage KYB struts and mounts for replacement.

Best of luck, I have to change mine soon also.
    I'll be watching this thread.
    Last edited by riverrunnernky; 05-17-2009, 12:24 PM.
    David
    sigpic Ky

Comment

Working...
    X