X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protege Supe ups!

Hey hey,

I'm new to the Protege Board... I just recently got my mom's Protege
    (2002 LX) and I would like to modify it.... When I say modify I mean totally... Im talking paint, seats, interior, engine... the works....

I was just wonderin what you guys had to say, I mean... Should I modify the Protege?? As of yet I havn't done anything... but I mean... is it worth it?

Will the engine blow on me? will it take kindly to mods? should I just get another car??

Any info would be greatly appreciated = )

hey

hey im new here too i just got my 03 pro in oct its been kinda slow modding mines because of the warrenty and all but in my opinoin its worth it so far i found a few body kits not many tocatch my eye til yesterday i found one at www.buddyclub2.com and i kinda like it so check it out. and havefun and good luck modding your pro
    03 SILVER DX: 30% IN FRONT AND 20% TINT IN BACK, 600W SONY XPLOD AMP, 2 10'' SUBS, 3 3/8'' TACH W/SHIFT LIGHT
    check it out at
    members.cardomain.com/phoenixzero

Comment

Originally posted by illeisist
      Hey hey,

I'm new to the Protege Board... I just recently got my mom's Protege
      (2002 LX) and I would like to modify it.... When I say modify I mean totally... Im talking paint, seats, interior, engine... the works....

I was just wonderin what you guys had to say, I mean... Should I modify the Protege?? As of yet I havn't done anything... but I mean... is it worth it?

Will the engine blow on me? will it take kindly to mods? should I just get another car??

Any info would be greatly appreciated = )
      You need to figure out what you want to do specifically to each part. That'll make it easier to answer your question...
      "Hey look at me, I'm stupid as hell and can't even breath properly, little alone read!" - Master Shake
      2001 Mazda Protege MP3, with Flyin' Protege Turbo Kit

www.triplezoom.com

Comment

theres the sponshorship everyone was looking for.
        According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

It's worth modding, but there is a limit to what you can do with it.
          Don't expect Supra power out of it, but it does the job if you wanna get up 'n go.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
          RB springs
          Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
          MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by fuq_A_vtec
            theres the sponshorship everyone was looking for.

What do you mean??
            "Hey look at me, I'm stupid as hell and can't even breath properly, little alone read!" - Master Shake
            2001 Mazda Protege MP3, with Flyin' Protege Turbo Kit

www.triplezoom.com

Comment

www.buddyclub2.com...on the right side of the page it says 99-00 protege needed for sponsorship, for people in north flo.
              According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

www.buddyclub2.com...on the right side of the page it says 99-00 protege needed for sponsorship, for people in north flo.

protege00dog is going for that his car is already one of the most hooked up '99-'00's around

Comment

Yeah thats what I figured, but hes not from florida is he?
                  Last edited by Kelly; 01-13-2004, 08:44 AM.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
                    protege00dog is going for that his car is already one of the most hooked up '99-'00's around
                    I can't wait to see the kit on his car. I might end up getting that front end if it looks good on his.

Comment

Yeah thats what I figured, but hes not from florida is he?

yeah, he's from the upper central FL, ocala to be exact. it's north of orlando in the middle of the state.

Comment

Welcome to the club and yes...the car is worth modding. you just need to figure out if you want go or show or a combination of both, then sit down and plan a path to acheive your final goal.

Comment

Hey Thanks

Omg tho! You don't understand, the Buddyclub2 body kit is featured in a protege brochure I have and I was looking for it for AGES!

THANK YOU!!

I am SO keeping this car now... I'ma mod this mofo so crizazy...

I hope to do Something soon and get you guys some pics = )

Thanks SO much!

Comment

Originally posted by illeisist
                            Omg tho! You don't understand, the Buddyclub2 body kit is featured in a protege brochure I have and I was looking for it for AGES!

THANK YOU!!

I am SO keeping this car now... I'ma mod this mofo so crizazy...

I hope to do Something soon and get you guys some pics = )

Thanks SO much!
                            cool man, keep us posted

Comment

Hey everyone. This is my first post. I just joined to ask some questions, get some feedback. You all seem like a pretty decent crowd here.

I drive an '02 Arctic Blue Pearl RSX Type S but I'm gonna be helping illeisist mod his car up, I have a lil bit of DIY experience. Save tons of $$$ on the installs.

We were talking about slapping on a turbo, but I suggested that going N/A would probably be better for him. F/I on an auto is not so worth it, in my opinion.

I was looking for reflashed ECU's for the 2002 pro LX. If you guys can give me some info (name, price, recorded gains, changes to redline/shifting points, etc.) that would be great.

We're gonna start with the typical i/h (perhaps racing)/e, ECU really makes a difference (I know from my Hondata reflash).

Illeisist and I are gonna be posting on here quite a lot once he tells me he's ready to begin. Maybe wait till the weather gets warmer.

Just curious: what are some of you running at the tracks and with what mods?

Thanks in Advance.
                              -Nim
                              -----------------------------
                              2002 Acura RSX Type S
                              Arctic Blue Pearl
                              OEM Body Skirts
                              OEM Spoiler
                              OEM Fogs
                              Golden Logos
                              Acura Interior Titanium Trim
                              Window Visors
                              Last But Not Least....