Tweaking JBL BP600.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tweaking JBL BP600.1

Any particular setting that would be best?

There is a 0-6 dB bass boost
    32Hz-320Hz
    4V-250mV

Being that I have a KDLX-1000 JVC HU, if that matters at all,
    any ideas where this should be set?
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

leave the bass boost on 0 to set everything else.

the 32hz to 320 hz is for the low pass x-over. start with it about half way, and lower accordingly to how the sound interacts with your other speakers.

the 4V-250mV is the sensitivity. i had a link to a downloadable gain setting CD that allows you to hear you amp clipping at 100 hz. but for a general reference start it at half way and see how that sounds. if the sub needs to be louder or quieter, adjust accordingly, but don't turn it up over 3/4.

Comment

heh, i knew them book marks came in handy

right there, click on Gain Setting under tuning.. READ that article THOROUGHLY before using this cd. it helps if you disconnect your surround speakers/isolate the sounds so ONLY your sub plays. this greatly helped me to better understand clipping. if you can't notice the difference, set your gains for what you're looking for.. ie.. if you're looking for sound quality, 3db to 6 db is ideal, 9 to 12 db is more for SPL set ups.. all of this is explained in the tracks on the cd, on the website, and all you have to do is burn the wave files onto a cd and throw them into your cd player. good luck
      peace

Comment

thanks for posting the link when i recovered my laptop i lost all my favorites and my home computer's hard drive crashed

Comment

BP600.1 eh? Good amp. I have one in my car pushing both EDesings 12K.44 at 1 ohm. Are your subs in a ported enclosure or sealed? It took a little while to tweak it do to the ported design, but I finally got it right after a day or so. The biggest pain is finding a place to tune it without drawing too much attention.

Michael
          2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
          KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
          Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
          Groundkit

Comment

sealed box, cheap box. came with subs as freebe. Pro box or something like that. I have in mind some fiberglass enclosure design for the future. Building begines March/April weather/$$ permitting.
            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

being that it's a sealed box it is much easier to adjust the amp. adjust the bass boost to your personal preference. adjust the low pass x-over to between 100-120 hz. as for the gain/sensitivity, if you can, go to the link posted and download the CD. otherwise you'll have to listen to your subs while adjusting it.

Comment

Working...
              X