Epic Canada Day 323 Adventure.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic Canada Day 323 Adventure.

My 1993 323 had 480000KM on it and it would not pass the E-test. I put a used engine in it that passed the E-test with flying colors but just about exploded on the emission Dyno. (Bad bottom end knock). Friday I bought a 1993 323 parts car from a friend who owns the local KIA dealer. He got it as a trade-in. It was a great parts car for only $200.00. The engine runs very strong and only has 200000KM on it. The body had a good right fender, door, hood, headlights, and hatch. I saved the black interior which was in really nice shape. The floor and frame of the parts car were toast. Looks like it must of sat in the grass or something. Saturday I removed both engines from both cars. Then I put the standard transmission on the good engine. (tossed the girl-o-matic). The only differance between the standard and the Auto engine was the Throttle body and throttle position sensor. I put a new timing belt, tensioner, PCV, spark plugs, cap and rotor on it before I put it in. Sunday I put the "new" engine in my 323 and got it running. It purrs like a kitten. It feels like a Ferrai compared to the old engine. Monday I dismantled the parts car. I am going to use all the parts on my daily and the V6 323 I am building. I am going to put the 1993 front end on my 1994 and put the 94' front clip on my daily as it got slightly re-arranged by a dear a few years ago.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by IMACHU2; 05-20-2009, 11:38 PM.
    Dominic Toretto rocks a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"

My Work Log:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46003

sigpic

so you did all this last year? seeing as this was Victoria day and July 1st Canada day hasn't happened yet

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaNoob View Post
      so you did all this last year? seeing as this was Victoria day and July 1st Canada day hasn't happened yet
      Opps Good call. Make that Victoria Day (2009)
      Dominic Toretto rocks a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"

My Work Log:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46003

sigpic

Comment

lol, I was wondering the same thing.
        Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X