This is what I want my protege to look like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what I want my protege to look like

If ya check out my Avatar, thats similar to how I want the exterior of my protege to look... I figure same paint job, White 5 or 6 point rims, and a different spoiler... but that body kit and paint...

I'm So excited about the protege now...

What you guys think??

OH also

What can I do to my engine to make the car a bit faster??
    I can spend around $1500 American on engine parts, so what should be done??

save for turbo.
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

The front on that car is just the MP3/MSP front bumper. You will need several parts to do the conversion but it's in the FAQ.

There are several turbo kits for your car... www.flyingprotege.com comes to mind.
      Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

I say go for it. If it will keep you inspired and wanting to own your Protege then I say keep it up.

Before you jump into engine mods, make sure you research your motor. Know it's weakness and strengths ... Then decide what sort of modications that you want to gun for.

A year or so after I got my Protege I came into contact with the familia's on corksport's site and then the phillipines ...
        That was my inspiration for everything.
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Hey hey

Hey hey... Firslty I'm 19, I saved money and bought my own car (1996 dodge Neon) I then Sold my neon and with the money I got from that plus the saved money I had I paid my mom the value of her car...

Secondly, I'm not looking to Rice it up and start street racing... I just find the Protege has less kick than even my neon (check out the 0-60 times) and so I wanna add some engine mods to make it a bit faster...

As for the bodykits and everything... I have lots of time and I'm looking for a way to express myself... so I'm going to make this car my Hobby so that I can have somethin to do... I'm not lookin to Rice it up with crizazy stickers and what not... I just want the car to look cool since I cant afford a car which I would want like an Impreza WRX or a Mazda 3...

I was just wanting to know what you guys think I should to to my engine to give it some more kick... I've got $1500 to spend on the engine and I'm wondering what would be the most worth it...

Thanks for the help = )

Comment

Don't mind THE MAN, he has a certain way with words to put it nicely. with $1500 to spend, I'd save a bit more and go with a turbo kit. if you want to go all motor look in to cams, cam gears, intake, exhaust, etc. which size motor does your car have? 1.6, 1.8, 2.0?

Comment

It would be a 2.0. 2002+ Protege's all come w/ the 2.0 standard.
              Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Originally posted by NegatiZE
                thanks, I learn something new everyday

Comment

Engine

I've got the 2.0L Dohc = )

idk about the turbo because Its substantially more expensive =/
                  I'm in Toronto Canada so I figure the $1500 US is about $2000 Canaidan....

What ya'll think of engine mounts (do get rid of wheel hop and some vibration) and tie/sway bars?

I was thinkin Cold air intake and ECU for the beginning

Comment

don't waste your mony on the cold air intake and ECU ...
                    If you have 1500 already , just save the rest and get the turbo...
                    It will make a lot more sense in the end.

But before anyone goes any further.
                    Maybe you should tell us what you know about modding of cars? What did you do to your neon? How experienced are you with Cars?
                    At least if we know how experienced you are we can have a better idea of what to recomend. To be honest you never know you could be a frigin expert.
                    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Thats a good idea hehe

Well, to my neon I didn't do anythin and it was still faster than my protege is now =/
                      Hence the reason I Want to mod it... As fun as the protege is to drive, and it Feels like I'm goin a lot faster than the neon... In reality its much slower....

As for car modifications, my friend has an RSX-S and I help him with some basic supe ups.... we changed some spark plugs, brakes, wiring.....
                      I can handle a lot of minor repairs and installations (i.e the Altezza lights I can do in 10 seconds, did it on my buddies Civic)

As for my knowledge... I think I'm okay, I know a lot about car workings and such...

As for the turbo stuff, how much is a turbo kit??? Any Ideas on the HP gains?

Comment

Originally posted by illeisist
                        Thats a good idea hehe

Well, to my neon I didn't do anythin and it was still faster than my protege is now =/
                        Hence the reason I Want to mod it... As fun as the protege is to drive, and it Feels like I'm goin a lot faster than the neon... In reality its much slower....

As for car modifications, my friend has an RSX-S and I help him with some basic supe ups.... we changed some spark plugs, brakes, wiring.....
                        I can handle a lot of minor repairs and installations (i.e the Altezza lights I can do in 10 seconds, did it on my buddies Civic)

As for my knowledge... I think I'm okay, I know a lot about car workings and such...

As for the turbo stuff, how much is a turbo kit??? Any Ideas on the HP gains?

Hey... I'm the friend with the Acura.

We've both been workin on my car for some time. And we both noticed the ECU (Hondata 4) was the BIGGEST noticed improvment. I don't know about chips for the pro (check out the other post, same starter).

With the budget illeisist is proposing, I think going N/A would be the best.

As for F/I... how much boost can the pro handle on stock internals? I don't think its a good idea to slap on a turbo... it is an auto, but bolt-ons is the way I see it.
                        Last edited by Nim; 01-13-2004, 05:15 PM.
                        -Nim
                        -----------------------------
                        2002 Acura RSX Type S
                        Arctic Blue Pearl
                        OEM Body Skirts
                        OEM Spoiler
                        OEM Fogs
                        Golden Logos
                        Acura Interior Titanium Trim
                        Window Visors
                        Last But Not Least....
                        Trunk Tray and Cargo Net!!!
                        ---
                        Modz: Yes
                        ---
                        NEW: Stage 2 Clutch!

Comment

Originally posted by NegatiZE
                          Hmmm this is my first post but i thought id chime in with something anyway

Im from Aus (tralia) and i just bought my Protege. However here we have the option of the 1.8 like mine or the 2.0 litre. The 2.0L over here is like the sporty version with a factory kit and obviously the bigger engine.

Just thought it point that out :D

Also, since im posting id like to let know what my plans are for mods. First off is the exhaust/intake swap. Its fairly costly, about $1000AUD all up including installation. I figure after getting the gases sorted out i can concentrate on suspension. Coil overs for some better rigidity and also anti sway bars. Hopefully i can find an LSD for the car because i find it does crab a little going around corners fast. Its only slight but then again im not going at insane speeds so...

Also going to get a set of 5 or 6 spoke black or gunmetal 17"s for it. I figure it'll look sweet. Ill put up a little pic i did which is hopefully what it'll look like with the mags. Only problem is finding them over here because we have a few different brands...
                          Attached Files

Comment

hey nim, you find any boltons for the 1/6 that make a big difference you let us know...or look around in past threads and see, that few "boltons" are available for the 1.6 unless you wanna experiment with parts from japan...If i had 1500 to spend on my car....i would contact wagner motorsports.... TURBO. http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291978349

Welcom VULTZ
                            According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

speak to essential speed.. they're in cambridge, and they'll give you the most honest answer as far as engine mods go..
                              i'm going there with a 2002 lx 5spd in the spring. (pappy lives in cambridge, too)
                              for 2k CDN, you won't get a turbo. but you can get new headers, exhaust etc...
                              for a turbo from them.. you're looking at about 4k.. take your time, save up the cash (or rush and get a loan from your bank)... and get a real turbo.

word of advice... don't make your car look fast if it won't be... make it look nice and pimpin' if you can't/don't want to mod out your engine (see proto2k or asylum24)...

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
                              RB springs
                              Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
                              MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Working...
                              X