Building a BG Circle Track Racecar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building a BG Circle Track Racecar?

I have gotten involved with a successful race team here in Fort Wayne, IN & we've been throwing around the idea of creating a BP powered BG for the Front Wheel Drive class. Right now we have a Prelude running mean with a Frankenstein swap, a D16Y8 Civic & a GSR Integra all with 5 speed gearboxes.

This week, Frankenstein was almost a lap in the lead when second gear went out 2 laps from the finish. The driver took some time diagnosing the problem then ran 1st to 3rd for a second place finish.

The guys have been looking at my car wanting to make it a racecar. I've been running test laps in the Hondas & wanting to get out there & race.

The junkyard that sponsers the team has a rust free DX & I have an extra BP. I'm worried about having to continually replace transmissions. On a circle track you run HIGH RPMs at all times & features are 50 laps. I don't think the transmission will take it...

Any thoughts?

Here's a link to the Baer Field Speedway page:
    40代での転職 苦労をする理由の1つに、年齢に応じた能力が求められるという理由があります。年齢に応じて給料は高くなるのが一般的ですので、それに応じた能力やスキル、実績がないと採用されることは難しくなります。

And to the Front Wheel Drive class ruleset:

miss my '93 LX at every corner
    photo album
    Catch me on Facebook

you could install a transmission cooler like bpt323 did

Comment

The rules state that the 4 cylinder cars cannot be turbocharged....not the 6. I say throw a ghetto 6 banger turbo together in the chassis and go down there and rip ass.
      This is my BP. There are many like it but this one is mine. My BP is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my BP is useless. Without my BP I am useless. I must drive my BP true. I must drive straighter than my enemy, who is trying to beat me. I must beat him before he beats me.

Comment

Originally posted by smoke187 View Post
        you could install a transmission cooler like bpt323 did
        Good thinking. I would 100% have to... but I still think the car would spit trannys every few races. I ought to just have the team buy his 323 & bring it close enough to the rules that it would pass inspection. Hell, his car already looks like a racecar. (No offense, Ryan.. I LOVE your car when I'm not running it out of gas) Basically, it just has to look like it could be stock. We don't cheat but we get away with ALOT.. That's just racing.
        photo album
        Catch me on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by superscort93 View Post
          The rules state that the 4 cylinder cars cannot be turbocharged....not the 6. I say throw a ghetto 6 banger turbo together in the chassis and go down there and rip ass.
          It is 100% at the inspector's discretion. If you win you get inspected by a second inspector who can withdraw the win for flagrant fouls. This would not work out... Most anything you do has to be internal.

Let me add that the cars we run are gorgeous compared to the rest of the field. It looks like the 24 Hours of Lemons out there!! It's freaking awesome!!
          photo album
          Catch me on Facebook

Comment

Working...
          X