X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford Fiesta to conquere Pikes Peak International HC

btw, they're 800HP 4 bangers

http://jalopnik.com/5272065/800-hp-f...orm-pikes-peak

1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
    Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
    "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

So... Where can I get one of these?
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

I wonder for how long the engines last. Do they drive back down under thier own power? Yeah they prolly do. 2nd run back up without replacing the engine? I kinda wonder... I'd loooooove to find out what modern awd 800 hp on gravel is like. I have a pretty good idea. Hit the portapottie first, and wear Depends under your Nomex anyway. Goddamn wotta rush those cars must be.
      '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
      '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

I did the Ford Fiesta test drive a couple weekends ago, 1.6L DOHC w/ 118hp in a car that weighs 2200lbs. It s was pretty damn peppy even with 4 adults (male) and the A/C on. The car has good head room, but small foot wells for dancing with the pedals. The road versions should hit the US show rooms next summer, as 2011 models.
        I read Gronholm is suppose to be the pilot for the second car, at Pikes Peak. Damn it, I wish I was going to spectate this year!!

-Jon R.

Comment

no kidding!!! i didn't know he was driving.. wow.. maybe i should go after all
          1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
          Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
          "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Originally posted by jrally View Post
            I did the Ford Fiesta test drive a couple weekends ago, 1.6L DOHC w/ 118hp in a car that weighs 2200lbs. It s was pretty damn peppy even with 4 adults (male) and the A/C on. The car has good head room, but small foot wells for dancing with the pedals. The road versions should hit the US show rooms next summer, as 2011 models.
            I read Gronholm is suppose to be the pilot for the second car, at Pikes Peak. Damn it, I wish I was going to spectate this year!!

-Jon R.
            thats a tad more power than my 323 at the same weight, ad in the comfort factor and im already sold
            "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
            -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
            *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
            172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
            New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by MD323 View Post
              thats a tad more power than my 323 at the same weight, ad in the comfort factor and im already sold
              Factor in the new car price for practically the same thing you already have............

Wasn't it supposed to be here already? As an 09 model?
              1990 Protege 4WD
              GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
              ├┼┤
              2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Working...
              X