wheelmax Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheelmax Q

So i might end up ordering from Wheel Max in March.
    I've heard mixed reviews, but only about their delivery times and such... so I will order in March cuz I won't install until April.
    Now that that's cleared... i have a question.

I didn't look too hard or call... but what kind of tires come on their rims? I'm gonna get some 5-lug 17x7 rims.. not sure which, yet... but I kinda had my eye on getting Kumho Ecsta 712 tyres...
    now if they just stick on random tires and let me be on my way.. i'm not down with that... are their tires comparable to the ecsta 712s?

is this too much?

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
    RB springs
    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
    MP3 front bumper conversion

You'll either get the Kumhos or probably Nankangs. But believe me you can't get much worst than the Kumhos. They have been the worst tire I have ever had. They would only last about 10-15k with my 17s.

Comment

holy ****.. you serious??
      i've heard lots of good things about them... but a few people told me that they only lasted 2 seasons.

(what tires would you suggest for a first pair of streets?)

RB springs
      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

Well I have been very happy with the Nankangs that are on my car now. I have put about 5k on them and they are showing absolutely no tire wear. But the next set of tires I get are going to be Yokohoma Pararda Spec II's.

Comment

i too had serious wear issues with the kumho 712's-as in, 6 months and you need new tires...I have FALKEN's on now, and i absolutely <3 them

Comment

hmm... ok..
            I suppose i'll call them and find out what they're shipping, currently.
            I don't want something that'll wear out on me, as i plan on driving about 15-20k from spring to fall.
            Perhaps i'll just buy rims and tires seperately... get some nice Pirelli p7000

RB springs
            Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

Hey Lil Freak, I was thinking of ordering from the States also. Do you know if there is duty on that though? I know a guy who ordered from discounttiredirect and he mentioned that there was no duty charges.

As for the Falkens, that's what I want to put on mine. I ordered a set for my sisters car and so far (8 months) they have been terrific.
              2002 Blackmica P5
              CAI - MSP springs - Brembo cross-drilled rotors & KVR pads - Ground wires - Ignition wires - Silverstars - Eurolites - Pilot fogs - Toyo TPTs - Tint - Blue calipers & strut bar - Batsymbol in rear window

Comment

Lil Freek try Whalentire. They have excellent prices and you get to choose your wheel and tire seperately and then they mount and balance them for you.

Comment

wikkid...
                  i know Tiretrends and 1010tires do that too... but they're in BC and the shipping is a little brutal.
                  When i hit up TO next weekend, I might just take a peek at their perf. auto places for tire 'n rim listings..

btw... the name's Paul.. save you a few key-strokes if you wanna refer to me somewhere

RB springs
                  Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

Originally posted by redfyre
                    Hey Lil Freak, I was thinking of ordering from the States also. Do you know if there is duty on that though? I know a guy who ordered from discounttiredirect and he mentioned that there was no duty charges.

As for the Falkens, that's what I want to put on mine. I ordered a set for my sisters car and so far (8 months) they have been terrific.
                    so long as the product is marked as "made in the US or Mexico" or has no "made in" markings, there's no duty.. but you have to pay PST and GST.
                    What I do, I order everything i need, then go pick it up in Vermont. Cuz i come through Quebec, I avoid PST

PST on $1200 is $100... $100 in my pocket for $40 of gas for a nice trip to see family and go hiking

NB: if the product is made in the USA; FedEx or UPS will usually still try to charge you for the Customs/Duty charges.. just tell them to eat a dick and you'll call the BB on their ass. - they cave in once you open the box and point out the "MADE IN USA" stickers

RB springs
                    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Freek
                      so long as the product is marked as "made in the US or Mexico" or has no "made in" markings, there's no duty.. but you have to pay PST and GST.
                      What I do, I order everything i need, then go pick it up in Vermont. Cuz i come through Quebec, I avoid PST

PST on $1200 is $100... $100 in my pocket for $40 of gas for a nice trip to see family and go hiking

NB: if the product is made in the USA; FedEx or UPS will usually still try to charge you for the Customs/Duty charges.. just tell them to eat a dick and you'll call the BB on their ass. - they cave in once you open the box and point out the "MADE IN USA" stickers
                      Thanks, I'll give ordering from the States a more serious consideration.
                      2002 Blackmica P5
                      CAI - MSP springs - Brembo cross-drilled rotors & KVR pads - Ground wires - Ignition wires - Silverstars - Eurolites - Pilot fogs - Toyo TPTs - Tint - Blue calipers & strut bar - Batsymbol in rear window

Comment

Working...
                      X