more protoge problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more protoge problems!

: ok guys, new problem with the protoge, my 5'3" 115 pd girlfriend had to push the proto off the road last night...Seems the front motor mount is torn or weak or something and the torqing of the engine cause it to rub up against the metal hydraulic clutch line and rub a hole in it. She called me from 15 miles away and said she couldnt get it in gear anymore....Funny thing is, Sunday she was driving her accord and the front brake pad blew apart(autozone) and ate up her rotor, monday she drove my integra and forgot to put the oil cap on it after puting oil in it so she blew almost 2 qts all over the engine cpt. and then the protege situation...needless to say shes taking the day off....but back to topic, are thier any aftermarket or better motor mounts availble for the 1.6l
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

ok mazda dealer wants $70 for the line....this is the maybe 1ft line from the clutch master cylinder to some sort of block to the right of the engine....this is no more than a brake line....****ing thieves those people are.
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

maybe you shouldnt let your girlfriend drive anymore. just mho. ;D what's up with your motormounts? someone abusing the car? anyway... did you bother trying a junkyard first, maybe you can find a third gen to rip the line off?
      -mike lucero
      1988 Mazda 323 GTX
      2001 Isuzu Rodeo

Comment

yeah for real, shes not driving either one of my cars again, the front motor mount looks like a piece of weak **** anyways, and im beginning to think that i am abusing the car with the whole broken shifter and now this. And the only jy around here that has a protege is only open on the weekends so if i cant have my Uhaul mechanic buddies make one up, ill have to wait till then.haha and i know yall arent gonna believe this but she just got pulled over in the uhaul truck shes driving to work and got taken to jail for suspended license, that she didnt know was suspended, reason for getting pulled over, 80 in a 65.....IN A UHAUL TRUCK....got popped by a chopper and a state boy caught up to her...she called me crying and my cell went dead.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Well, that sounds craptacular. Your GF should go an get herself a cheap ass beater or a KIA to drive instead of your cars. If your stickin' with her, she must be DAMN cute for her to be trashing your **** an askin' for bail money. LOL
          " Autobots are an error I intend to correct"

Reformated Alternate Mode:
          Midnite Blue P5 ( 5-speed manual)
          Painted calipers
          Injen CAI
          Custom exhaust
          Tein lowering springs(finally installed)

Comment

you got it dude, shes a hot redhead and you know what that means

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by fuq_A_vtec
              you got it dude, shes a hot redhead and you know what that means
              MMMmmmmmmm fun bags.
              " Autobots are an error I intend to correct"

Reformated Alternate Mode:
              Midnite Blue P5 ( 5-speed manual)
              Painted calipers
              Injen CAI
              Custom exhaust
              Tein lowering springs(finally installed)

Comment

quick question guys, i fixed my car, but when the line blew and the car died, the check engjine light came on. when i fixed it the check engine light is still on. my uncle is trying to scan for codes right now but he says he doesnt have the right adaptor, the 3rd gen is obdII right?

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I couldn't scan the cpu in my 2nd gen either .. lol ..

try www.mazdaformance.com ..
                  They are great with prices and can find damn near anything you want.
                  Just tell them Bruce referred you .

The motor may be cheaper hopefully.
                  There really is no way of fixing the mount if it is torn bad.. Just get another one.
                  photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

i tore my front mount and filled it with urathane, worked good.
                    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                    225.94wtq
                    torque monster!!!!
                    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

good idea, i might try that.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
                      X