parts for bp turbo swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

parts for bp turbo swap

I have a 94 protege turbo, and i was wondering where i can find the gtr parts for it, like the coolant pipe for the turbo line and throttle and tranny cables, if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciate, time is of the essence!!! thanks!

I GOT 10 on IT, zoom zoom!

u can use the sohc protege coolant pipe.... it has the barb where u need it for the turbo...

What do u mean Tranny Cables? being that ur pro is a 94 its not an AWD, so u dont have a cable shifter...

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
    MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

Its actually an automatic, I know I know but its how I bought the car and started with the engine first. will I need the gtr bracket for the cables or completly different cables for it that are from a shorter style or something. any info would be awesome!!

Comment

ummm well .... the gtr never came with an auto ... so no there are no gtr parts for that application ... the gtr is just a nicely reworked BP so you can source all your parts locally

Comment

Im new to the mazda world, arent bps like miata's and stuff???

Comment

Originally posted by pshpsh94 View Post
            Im new to the mazda world, arent bps like miata's and stuff???
            From 94+ miata did come with a DOHC 1.8L BP but the protege LX was,let say, the guinee(sp) pig. We had it 1st.
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Bp's

Would u happen to know if the miata's throttle and tranny cables are shorter or same size as the protege?????

Comment

Would u happen to know if the miata's throttle and tranny cables are shorter or same size as the protege?????
                Doubt it. Miata=RWD protege=FWD. Engine and tranni is placed different
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

So I guess it comes down to either customizing, or trial and error ya think????

Comment

I'm lost at exactly what you need. Why would you need custom cables? Explain what you're talking about
                    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

ok, I changed the stocked intake with the shutter valve setup and all that bs, to the gtr intake, and when i hook up my throttle and trans cables theres tons of slack in them. I was told to turn the bracket 180, and it didnt work. Its the only thing holding me back right now, is the gtr bracket different than the stock one or something?? dont mean to sound dumb or anything, but im lost with this sht.

Comment

Take pics of what you mean. I'm lost on the whole shutter valve/trans cable thing.
                        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

ok, I changed the stocked intake with the shutter valve setup and all that bs, to the gtr intake, and when i hook up my throttle and trans cables theres tons of slack in them. I was told to turn the bracket 180, and it didnt work. Its the only thing holding me back right now, is the gtr bracket different than the stock one or something?? dont mean to sound dumb or anything, but im lost with this sht.
                          send me that GTR intake manifold and I will give you a GTX manifold with throttle body, 4 wire tps and throttle cable. It will bolt in and work perfectly
                          I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                          |.....Overnight....................| ||
                          |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                          |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                          "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                          Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Originally posted by wheresthericego View Post
                            send me that GTR intake manifold and I will give you a GTX manifold with throttle body, 4 wire tps and throttle cable. It will bolt in and work perfectly
                            your such a caring thoughtful person! lol
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X