good god, finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good god, finally

well i finally got an e-mail back about my brahma 10 it wasn't from adire audio, it was from UPS, to verify they recieved shipping information from adire audio to me. i'm going to call adire AGAIN tomorrow and see exactly what was done. in the e-mail from UPS it has "1-Brahma 10 Rebuild" as the reference #, so i'm assuming they rebuilt it. i really wasn't expecting them to, i just wanted the spider re-glued. i know i've beaten the hell out of that sub. both misterT and rider69 heard it in it's glory i've given it well over the rated power, i've overextended it, and bottomed it out a few times, i've put it in 6th order bandpass boxes that are extremely hard on the suspension, and make it hard to hear distortion and over extension. needless to say i was ready to pay for a rebuild, but it looks like i won't have to but i'm not sure if not having to pay for the rebuild was worth not having it for like 3 months now

wow, finally! congrats man...
    what's the first thing you're gonna do when you get it?

Comment

woohoo, i'm just about as excited as you are blue. i assume you are just gona use it as a daily driver sub now and not to compete.
      '02 classic red p5
      currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Originally posted by walight01
        woohoo, i'm just about as excited as you are blue. i assume you are just gona use it as a daily driver sub now and not to compete.

i might use it in a comp or 2, but yeah, it's going to be primarily a daily driver for now on i'm already going over ideas in my head for how i want it setup. i'm probably going to fiberglass it behind the wheel well, so it's out of the way. but i don't know when i'll have time for it. i'm also thinking about using it for testing, to show the difference in dB's for a sealed box in different locations and facing different directions, as well as ported, tuned to different freq's. it's all a matter of time

Intruder, it'll probably go in a small .75 cu ft low tuned ported box for a while, till i can get around to more testing

Comment

Wow 3 months?! They are slow as molasses!!! When SoundStream subs were sent to rebuilt, they took a month to get back primarily do to shipping from the East Coast to the West Coast. I wonder why they are taking so long? Makes you wonder if you want to push them as hard or get another one of their brands. At the same time, I know they held up better than any other sub you have owned or should I say abused!

:ARCADE: MisterT :ARCADE:
          2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
          KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
          Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
          Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by MisterT
            At the same time, I know they held up better than any other sub you have owned or should I say abused!

lol, yeah, i've never abused a sub the way i have with the brahma honestly i'm suprised it held up as long as it did. i'm looking into possibly getting a dB monkey sub for competiton use. 12" probably.

i'm still trying to contact them and see why it took so long, but i didn't want to push it before, cause then they probably wouldn't have covered the repair under warranty and they are located in washington, so it's about as far away from FL as you can get in the continental US

Comment

Working...
            X