So it begins again. GTX #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it begins again. GTX #3

It will be a long and painful process.. Starting with a shell... and building to insanity. In about an hour I go pay for the shell (finally) and begin putting money towards other parts I need.

Here are some old pictures of the car before it was just a shell... More to come when I actually receive the goods.

The cage was built well but poorly designed, it's sturdy but has some flaws. I have a b6t motor for it that put down 200hp in a fwd car with a vj20/14 hybrid. I have 3 BF GTX transmissions... 2 good 1 without 2nd gear, and then seized on me. I have GT2554r for it, an HKS EVC I for it for boost control. Will be repainting it and cleaning it up... thinking about using spray in bedliner for sound dampening and ease of clean up. Will be posting parts and garage shots over the next (at least) year or so as I slowly build my car back up...

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
    1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
    1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
    1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
    1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

hah... i just noticed the avatar is my white gtx (gtx #1) and my sig is the black one (#2)... all three gtx's are making an appearance today.

1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead

Comment

nice score. is this derrick's old car?
      Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Nah. Derrick still has his. I picked this up from a rally team.

Comment

Im glad to have you back!
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I never really went anywhere... I'm super excited to have a gtx again running or not.

Comment

That roll cage is wild! I'm exited to see this build happen!

Comment

By wild do you mean terrifying? It needs some work. I'm gonna have it fixed as soon as possible.

Comment

I mean like "crazy" looking. It awesome! I like it! I want to see what that turbo would spool like

Comment

I'm probably getting it cut out and replaced with a cage that'll actually pass tech.

Comment

this isn't a tabor car is it?
                      1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
                      Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
                      "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

No the tabors have a black car, a white car, and a parts car. I've never seen the parts car... I didn't realize they had any of them still til I talked to matt a few days ago... I got it from chris baldini.

Comment

oh. dang didn't know he was selling it. score dude. should be fun. what are the plans?
                          1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
                          Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
                          "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Well it was a spare car he had...

I'm going for a 80's period piece... I want all 80's electronics and gear in it.. except the cage and harness and seats..

It'll be a rally-x car mostly... maybe eventually a stage car... HPDEs and stuff.

Comment

Looks like a pretty. clean shell let me know if you want any help

Comment

Working...
                              X