juFo's 323 '91 HB (B6->BP swap inc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

juFo's 323 '91 HB (B6->BP swap inc)

Hello, (almost) my first post on this forum! Decided to start my own project topic about my new sweetie, bought her last week.

Please forgive me if my english fails at some points, I'm from Finland

So, i saw this car for sale on local car-sales website and decided to go for it. Atm it's quite stock, with B6 engine under hood but I got a BP engine, transmission and ecu+wirings with it, so it's going under the hood at some point.. I also got a load of spare parts with it, including some interior panels, facelift rearlights etc.

So here's some pics:
    First impression

As you can see, the previous owner has painted some rear of the car blue.. Said he tested if that colour would have been good. Apparently not He also had painted hood and some other parts of the car with gray rust protection paint.

First pic at home

I have already started painting it white so it wouldn't hurt my eyes everytime i take a look at her fixing the corrosion off at the same time.

Here's what it looks like now from behind

Front view

Interior is a bit f'd up atm, so it needs some taking care of later on..

Pic of my both rides

As you can see it's been lowered already by 1, maybe 2 inches with unknown brand lowering springs.

So, first thing I meant to do is paint the car all-white and put facelift rearlights on, and maybe clear corners. When the car has more cleaner look i'll go for the engine swap. The project will probably advance quite slowly due to lack of garage..

Let's see if i can save this and make it look good again

Here's also a pic of my previous BG that i owned before i bought that accord.
    I still miss her..
    Long way to go for the white one to get as neat as my ex..
    Last edited by juFo; 07-22-2009, 02:25 PM.

nice rides. gl on this project man.

0 yeah , welcome to cp

Originally posted by minnesotapj
    Cost of your fancy German built sports car $35k
    price of your fancy sun glasses to match your German built sports car $200 dollars
    Getting beat by a second hand 20 year old Japanese 4 door... Priceless!
    The only bummer about the world ending is that you can't turn to the person next to you and say "WOW! Did you see THAT?!!"
    *1. 85 accord hatch r.i.p. *2. 87 chevy s-10 r.i.p. *3. 91 dodge daytona r.i.p. *4. 91 labaron r.i.p. *5. 91 mazda 323..sold *6. 89 silverado sold *7. 94 mazda protege ...in the works...

Comment

welcome to CP.

you old one look awesome.

sigpicWorlds first car with GPS was a Mazda

~~~~~~~~> Thanks again to member gooseinyou for the familia garnish <~~~~~~~~

Comment

Thank you, i liked it too myself..

Quick photoshop of what this new one could look when ready:

We'll see, we'll see..

Comment

Good luck with your project! Can't wait to see it come back to life...I'm sure it will be as nice as your old one or even better

Comment

welcome, nice project you got there.
            2012 Kia rio
            2009 Nissan Frontier
            1997 chaparral 180LE

Comment

nice car , gl with the project , what happened to the old one ?
              what lip is that on the green one ?
              1. 1990 Mazda 323 SE sedan , B3 8v R.I.P
              2. 1992 Mazda 323 GT hatch , B3 16v
              3. 2005 Kia Picanto EX , 1.0 12v
              4. 2007 Mazda 3 TC sedan , Z6 16v

Comment

Originally posted by tiletsio323 View Post
                nice car , gl with the project , what happened to the old one ?
                what lip is that on the green one ?
                Old one is still running fine, still going strong and at the same city where i live I sold it mostly because of the engine, the 1.3i 16v started to annoy me with lack of power. Also didn't have possibility to do the GT engine swap back then so I decided to sell it.. Have regretted it a couple times afterwards :D But now having that Honda on use it doesn't matter if the 323 isn't at use, so i can fix it at ease, as i don't have to get it running again every morning

The frontlip was from mkIII VW Golf CL, a bit too low to get anywhere with 1 1/2" dropping springs.. About 7cm ground clearance from the center of the lip..

Comment

Welcome to cp. Good luck with the project.
                  1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                  1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                  2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                  2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                  .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

welcome to cp! nice to see another 323 project good luck with the work on it

Comment

i love the interior of the car man its sweet, what kind of shift boot is that?
                      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47653

my fs thread

Comment

Originally posted by deathtrigga View Post
                        i love the interior of the car man its sweet, what kind of shift boot is that?
                        The shift boot is made by Jacky auto sport (or something like that) and is made of (artificial) leather.. Stuck on my sleeve the other day while shopping paint and stuff Cheap-ass $10 improvement

So, now the rear end looks like this. The paint coat isn't as good as it looks in pictures but has to do for now. After the car is otherwise in sound condition I'll take it to professional painter. Next i,ll try and paint the driver's side door.

Noticed yesterday that the engine makes a strange "grinding" noise coming from the intake (took a vide of it, gonna upload it today when i get back home). Dunno if that is normal with the freeflow airfilter, never heard that noise from any other car. Better safe than sorry so I have to inspect that matter before taking the car in everyday use. Also needs some minor maintenance before taking it to MOT. Spark plugs and wires, distributor cap, engine oil and filter and so on.. Helps getting the emission levels right.

Anyone know if the idle rpm's are right at 1900-2000rpm when cold? Sounds a bit too high to me. Also warm idle rpm's are too high, slightly over 1000rpm.. Have to inspect that too. The car was unused for a year before i bought it so it might have something to do with it.
                        Last edited by juFo; 07-06-2009, 01:03 PM.

Comment

in both 323 that I own,both with a the B3 :
                          warm idle 800rpm
                          cold idle 1500rpm

Comment

Originally posted by tiletsio323 View Post
                            in both 323 that I own,both with a the B3 :
                            warm idle 800rpm
                            cold idle 1500rpm
                            Thanks, that's just what I remembered about my old car.

But here comes the video:
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YrJk9i4vQk

Don't mind the rattling of hla's, it isn't near as bad as it sounds on video.. My mobile phone just seems to pick that sound quite clearly. But the sound i'm considered is that metallic grinding noise. Might be quite hard to hear it at first but at the end i shut down the engine and it comes out quite well.. What on earth might it be?

Edit: Air whistling past throttle flap? (or whatever it is in English ^^)
                            Last edited by juFo; 06-25-2009, 11:47 AM.

Comment

I thing the air is playing tricks...lol ,
                              It may be the flap from the vaf...don't know for sure , it's realy hard too tell.
                              Check - Clean everything in the intake,from the vaf to the throttle body (flap) , it may fix your idling problems too.

edit: if you don't know vaf is the valve that your cone filter is attached
                              Last edited by tiletsio323; 06-25-2009, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X