word on the 3's suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

word on the 3's suspension

just to let everyone know, they had the 3 on speed, sunday and it got some bad ratings on suspension, they guy said its totally moves away from the protege legacy. tough choice 160hp and ****ty suspension, or 103hp and nice suspension.
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

I saw that show too but they still seemed to like the Mazda3 overall but bashed the handling. Kept stating it was designed and built borrowing parts out of the Ford Focus bin too.
    'I did nothing... I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be!?'
    -Dean
    2003.5 Vivid Yellow Protege5

Mods:
    18" G-Racing Kirins - hyper black
    Eibach Pro-Line lowering springs
    MazdaSpeed Axelback Exhaust
    Injen CAI - Polished
    Tinted windows. Llumar 35front 2&hatch glass/25middle roll down glass/18backside4
    DaveB trim rings
    Painted Calipers - G2

Stereo:
    Alpine CVA-1005 - 6.5" LCD Reciever.
    Alpine DVA-5210 - DVD/WMA/CD/MP3 Player
    Alpine ERA-G320 - EQ/Surround processor.
    Kicker IX-405D 5 Channel Amp
    Kicker 12" L5's in bandpass enclosure (2 of them)
    Kicker K-57.2 Components up front
    Kicker K-65 in back.

Future Mods?

Turbo?

Comment

yeah forgot that part.
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by fuq_A_vtec
        just to let everyone know, they had the 3 on speed, sunday and it got some bad ratings on suspension, they guy said its totally moves away from the protege legacy. tough choice 160hp and ****ty suspension, or 103hp and nice suspension.
        The only thing is, suspention mods cost less. You can get better springs, coilovers, and bars to improve its handling to match the Protege' for less than trying to get a Protege to match the power of a Mazda 3. Then on top of that you then make the 3 more powerful by means of engine mods. *shrugs*
        I do think the Protege looks better though.
        " Autobots are an error I intend to correct"

Reformated Alternate Mode:
        Midnite Blue P5 ( 5-speed manual)
        Painted calipers
        Injen CAI
        Custom exhaust
        Tein lowering springs(finally installed)

Comment

I like the 3, and a move to make the suspension identical to the focus, which has a LARGE aftermarket will help mazda. And make parts cheap for people who want to go auto-x'ing with the 3 in a couple of years. it shares the same platform as a Volvo, so an AWD version could be fesiable.
          When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
          Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
          Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
          So his engine he goosed
          With much too much boost,
          And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Working...
          X