92 Egt, Running Rich, Did Not Idle Etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92 Egt, Running Rich, Did Not Idle Etc.

Hello there. I've been having this Symptoms happening to my Car. Try to get the engine codes, and there was no codes. Then I got a new O2 Sensor, and fuel filter. Did not change,as the car would start w/ the Idle High at 1200 RPM, then it would drop to about 500 and finally dies.
    Since I've had some extra parts, I did replace the Air Flow Meter, and did not change a cent. Finally, I decided that was something related to the Throttle Body. I was correct, right uder the T.BODY, there's a big black plastic thing, that I believe to be the Air by pass control valve, the plug faces the Firewall, and I just unplug that. Right away the Idle was perfect, also Throttle response and no more running to Rich. I drove the car around, let the cooling Fans goes ON and OFF, and so far it's perfect, No engine codes also.
    So, if you are having the same issues w/ your ride , just trying disconnecting that first, before buying others parts.

isn't it supposed to be plugged in though?
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47653

my fs thread

Comment

Originally posted by deathtrigga View Post
      isn't it supposed to be plugged in though?
      Yes, it is. I'll try to find out more about it. I drove the car for a few hours last night, and it's perfect.

Comment

maybe it just needs a clean up
        91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Originally posted by progt91 View Post
          maybe it just needs a clean up

Just hit the jy and grab another tb assembly for 5-10 bones. Those idle air controllers cost 200+ at the stealer.
          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post

Just hit the jy and grab another tb assembly for 5-10 bones. Those idle air controllers cost 200+ at the stealer.
            Bro, I love going to Junk Yards. Yes, $ 10.00 to $ 15.00 at most.
            Take Care.

Comment

Working...
            X