Stock Protege vs. Civic Hatchback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Protege vs. Civic Hatchback

This is a story of one race from this past summer. Charlottetown is not a very big city at all, so you see the same "souped up" cars around weekend after weekend. There was this one guy driving a neon green civic hatch back that had been driving around like he was Jesus or something, so I'd been trying to meet up with him at a red light to see what his car's all about. The light turns green, both of us start to spin the tires. I ease off the gas and he's a little ahead of me at the end of 1st gear. I shift to 2nd and start to catch up by the time I shifted to third I was half a car length ahead of him and running out of road. so I slow down and merg in behind him. He turns off into a parkinglot and waves for me to pull in as well. So I turn around and go back to talk to him. He starts talking and asking what I have done to my car. All i could do was try not to laugh as I told him that it was bone stock except for my headlight bulbs and my stereo system. His car ended up having headers a cat-back exhaust and cold air intake. I can't wait till I have all my parts put in this spring and hit the streets again.

Civics

ur lucky it wasn't a new one, or you would have been flagging him down to pull over.

nice kill
    -Nim
    -----------------------------
    2002 Acura RSX Type S
    Arctic Blue Pearl
    OEM Body Skirts
    OEM Spoiler
    OEM Fogs
    Golden Logos
    Acura Interior Titanium Trim
    Window Visors
    Last But Not Least....
    Trunk Tray and Cargo Net!!!
    ---
    Modz: Yes
    ---
    NEW: Stage 2 Clutch!

Comment

well if u had a 1st gen pro u can take out even the newer stuff i took out a 2001 civic ex and a newer hb
      i is dumb

Comment

thats cause your wing gives your 80hp
        .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
        225.94wtq
        torque monster!!!!
        dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
        http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
        http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
          thats cause your wing gives your 80hp
          your an idiot, what are you talking about. his wing gives him 80 maybe at the crank, its only about 65 hp at the wheel.

Oh and I'm talking about the newer SI's (SIR's in Canada). The hatchback ones, with the K20 engine (base RSX) which is 160hp.
          -Nim
          2002 Acura RSX Type S
          Arctic Blue Pearl
          OEM Body Skirts
          OEM Spoiler
          OEM Fogs
          Golden Logos
          Window Visors
          Last But Not Least....
          ---
          ---

Comment

sorry dude but :bsmeter: i have a hard time believing that.
            unless people are modding 81-86 hatchbacks now.
            According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

i belive you. honda guys started to piss me off... i am a GOD, i have a HONDA!!! **** you, this is protege, and not any protege, its first generation, far away from V-tec piece of ****... bye bye honda...
              btw. i have a 3rd gen and its lazy dead bastard compared to 1st gen. our cars rule!
              One day you are born,
              The next big milestone
              you discover go zoom-zoom
              you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

someone has a grudge... maybe got beat by too many riced out civics
                -Nim
                2002 Acura RSX Type S
                Arctic Blue Pearl
                OEM Body Skirts
                OEM Spoiler
                OEM Fogs
                Golden Logos
                Window Visors
                Last But Not Least....
                ---
                ---

Comment

hehe, i was trying to get someone worked up..i believe that a first gen probably could but im dont know about a 2g, cause betting, if he had headers on a honda engine it was either a d16z6, z7 or y8, which when equiped with the mods that he said, would smoke a slightly modded 140-150 hp stock 2g protege. but hey if he did he did and im wrong, i dont know **** anywayz
                  According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

the guy in the honda was proly just trying to go home and didnt even knoe they were racing
                    i is dumb

Comment

hmm....civic ex ( sohc vtec ) is like protege5 in stock tirm. they're both slow. Unlike the 1st gen pro LX. I saw a guy he was running 16.0 w/ stock no intake no muffler bone stock 16.0 1/4 mile...just to let y'all know civic sohc vtec runs 16.7 stock

Comment

If ur laughing at the neon civic just cuz he's got a neon paint job. Wut u dont know is people is laughting at u for having them noen under car lights... If real racers see u on the street and u have them neon lites going on dont think that u look cool cuz men u just ruined the import scene...

Comment

16.7 stock, im no fan of vtecs because of the cost of parts. I have a sohc vetec sitting in my garage and if you read up a bit, a header and cat back exhaust and intake on a sohc vtec is gonna put it up close to 150 hp, the d16z6 engines have so many internal parts available that if someone decides to put a g or 2 into it they have a 200 - 250 hp 4 cylinder n/a

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

think what you may, i know what happened keep in mind that if i remember correctly the canadian 1.8 L 2nd gen protege's all have the same gear ratios that the 1.5L ones that should count for a little shouldn't it? maybe blue headlights blinded the sucker
                            Last edited by protegewill; 01-18-2004, 10:54 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

first of all, i believe you beat him, but i also think he wasnt the best of drivers. 2nd of all, i have personally beaten one of the new civic si Hatchbacks, closest race ive ever been in. well, the CLOSEST race i have been in was when i raced a 3g eclipse in my 3g eclipse, both 4 cyl, LOL.

i see no reason, however, why we should gang up on our fellow members, its pointless when you think about the fact that 1. we drive Mazda Protege's, we are already a minority 2. i dunno if its happened to you, but when i tell people my car is fast, and they say "what do you drive?" to which i reply "a mazda protege". is the response i get, every time. i come here because this is a forum of support for people who are tired of that kind of treatment and want to be among people who understand where im coming from. SO BE NICE.

Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Working...
                              X