the time has come!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the time has come!

Tomorrow I'm taking the MX-3 to the shop to get it tuned. I want you to vote to guess the MAX HP numbers that I can get to the wheels. It's a fully rebuild BP with port and polished head, ITBs, 4-2-1 header, high flow cat, 2.25 cat back, and MS I V3.0 So lets see your votes!
    120whp
    9.52%
    130whp
    33.33%
    140whp
    38.10%
    150whp
    19.05%

i say 150whp.... just based off of my dyno results when i was stock...
    Catless, short ram intake, 182k burned some oil.. and otherwise COMPLETELY STOCK

it put down 116whp 117wtq with an 82* ambient temp.....

I dont see why you couldnt achieve the 150 mark with the fresh motor, ITBs, headers, plus the MS, we all know how much there is to be had with a proper tune!

Plus the Do Not Pimp timing belt adds AT LEAST 80whp

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
    MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

U didn't mention what kind of dyno.... I bet somewhere around 136....

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
      Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

Voted,looks like the general consensus is that you are making decent power

If your happy with the results dont forget to save that tune on the PC incase
        you need to re-install it.
        Powered by ACME

Comment

Should have put a 170hp
          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

135-140whp. How high are you revving it?

Comment

i would say about 130whp

Comment

Rev limiter set to to 7300 RPMs. I don't think my hydraulic lifters & springs can handle more than that.

Comment

This is the dyno: AWD 500 SE Mustang dyno.

Comment

Originally posted by mx-3_4evr View Post
                    This is the dyno: AWD 500 SE Mustang dyno.
                    Same exact dyno i put down the 116whp with... now even more reason why i think u can break 150whp
                    Last edited by CaymenEGT91; 07-14-2009, 11:39 PM.

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
                    MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

Mustang dynos are heartbreakers from what I see.

Comment

The dyno was cancelled due to uneven temps on the exhaust manifold. Guy at the shop said it could be the injectors (didn't sound smooth at a steady RPM), so right now I'm going to get my Kia injectors cleaned.

Comment

I did 114whp 99 tq on a mustang with intake filter catback and 18deg timing on a stock ecu. So we have a fairly good idea what a BP should base line at on a mustang
                          "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                          -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                          *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                          172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                          New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Cool! It will probably be back on the dyno next week or two.

Comment

Got the injectors back. they flowed 290cc @ 43.1 PSI. Can't wait to install these!

Comment

Working...
                              X