ms wiring.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ms wiring.

Well I didnt want to ever start, but i have to start somewhere. I know im going to ask alot of noob questions and you guys will send me to about 1000 different sites.

First off i have a
    -ms1 v3.0
    -relay board
    -wiring harness
    -relay cable

now the wiring harness and the relay board have different lables but i think i can figure that out.

one more i have no idea how to wire in the injectors. There are 2 inj wires on the harness INJ 1 and INJ 2 but there are 4 spots on the relay board INJ 1 INJ 1 INJ2 INJ2, There is also 4 spaces for injectors at the bottom. Its got me very confused.

Another thing Can i hook my lc wideband right to the board or is there any modification that needs to be done.

First of all, what car is this going into?

If it's powering a BP, then you don't need a relay board at all. You can actually even use the stock wiring harness - something along these lines:

Is the MS itself setup to run on the engine you are installing it on hardware and software wise?

Comment

its going into a ford 1.9, a 96 1.9 so its obd2. I have an edis module coming soon. Sorry but no plug and play for me.

Comment

Originally posted by woowoo16 View Post
        its going into a ford 1.9, a 96 1.9 so its obd2. I have an edis module coming soon. Sorry but no plug and play for me.
        Right-o. You still really don't need the relay board. Grab power for the MS from a switched source in your existing fuse/relay box. If you are making a brand new harness, you will need pigtails for all the sensors and actuators. These should be:

- 4 injectors. MS only has 2 drivers so 2 of the injectors will share the same signal. This is called batch fire.
        - CLT sensor
        - IAT sensor
        - RPM signal (from EDIS)
        - Spark output
        - TPS (not required but nice to have)
        - O2 sensor
        - Idle control valve (if your MS is setup this way)

You will also need to short your fuel pump so that it starts with key on or splice the MS fuel pump wire into the existing relay wiring that turns on the ful pump. This wire grounds the relay and turns it on if you attach it to the appropriate pin.

Comment

Okay well i bought
          clt temp sensor and pig tail
          iat temp and pig tail.
          edis is coming
          What does spark out put come from.
          and i have a wideband lc1 i dont know if anything on the ms needs to be changed for it

I can get some injector pigtails for a spare harness. I just dont know how they are wired. I cant remeber if they are 2 or 3 wires. How does inj 1 and inj 2 work and the 4 injector 12v all wire in.

Another is i cant figure out what wire on the lables harness is iat out and iat return, the abriviations are different from relay board and harness.

Comment

Is there anyway I can get hold of a wire diagram of all the ECU pinouts on my BP wire harness?? I keep finding diff ones and none seem to match to mine!! Please help me lol. I also want a label for all the wire harness in the BP.
            Anyone knows what 9K rpm feels like? I do

93 Mercury Tracer SW
            99 Honda Accord 4DR 'VIP' status
            01 Honda S2000 Future Boost

Comment

Working...
            X