Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electronic speedo

hello,

i have just recently fitted a much nicer steering wheel to my '89 323 GT and i feel it makes the driving position much more comfortable but unfortunately its slightly smaller than the stock wheel so it cuts right through the speedo and tacho and i cant read either.

i know how to install the tacho but i'm also looking at putting an electronic speedo in as well but im unsure how to get a signal to it.

i have looked around and found something about a Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) and this sounds promising but i have no idea where this is located and how it works or how i would take a signal from it.

the engine is a b6d JDM - 1.6 DOHC

car is badged Familia GT

if anyone has changed the speedo before or has a wiring diagram that would help me or even if you just know how to do it that would be great.

Thanks

talk to Noshatch he did it.....or maybe his GT came with it im not sure. but hit him up

Comment

I think the sensor is in the cluster. One of the pins on the back of the cluster sends a speed signal to the cruise control iirc.
      12 cbr250r: daily ride
      01 saab 9-3: daily
      98 gsxr 1100: for sale
      93L: money pit/ space waster
      92GL: low and slow beater
      90?: the rust free shell
      89LX: swapping to rust free shell
      89L: for sale
      89L: parts
      87 conquest: dohc 4g64 swap underway
      76+80 vw dashers: for sale

Comment

iv done a bit of research since i asked that question and i think that there were many options for this car, digital dash, cruise control, etc it seems that my car has the old cable drive sensor in the gearbox insted of an electonic one that id need to run a digi speedo, ive decided its easyer and cheaper to just get a biger diameter steering wheel in the same style. i also photoshoped up my own custom gauge faces so they look nice aswell .

thanks for all your help though

Comment

Working...
        X