Front Bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Bumper

The other day I was driving around the junk yards looking for a front bumper for my 91 protege. I only found one place that said they might have one... they said it would be about $100, does that price seem right? Just askin cause im not sure on the price. He also said that a 95 bumper will fit it... i didnt think that was right but is it?

A 95 bumper wont fit. Its not even close to ours. I don't think I would pay $100 for a j/y bumper. Thats just me though.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

You are looking for a bumper from a 1990-1994 Protege or a 323. I personally think that $100 is a bit pricey for a junkyard bumper. Try going to another junkyard or check the classifieds part of the forum as there were a few people parting out their 1st gens recently.
      Last edited by Identity_X; 01-15-2004, 11:40 PM.
      -------------------------
      '91 LX
      '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
      well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

unless it is a Canadian Protege"S" the front bumper wont fit.

in '95 canada saw both the BG and BH chassis
        When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
        Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
        Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
        So his engine he goosed
        With much too much boost,
        And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

around md you could get one with all the bolts and everything for around $75. but if u cant get one for under $100. buy a pakfeifer or some other aftermarket bumper.... just a thought...
          Maroon 1995 Probe SE
          Beige 1994 Protege DX
          Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

You are looking for a bumper from a 1990-1994 Protege or a 323. I personally think that $100 is a bit pricey for a junkyard bumper. Try going to another junkyard or check the classifieds part of the forum as there were a few people parting out their 1st gens recently.
            yep, too expensive, then again, try to bargain with him

Comment

Don't know how much shipping would be but there's currently a front bumper for $30 on Ebay.

'91 LX
              '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
              well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

What color is your car I have a couple of bumpers that I might be willing to part with........I have a grey one, the other isn't a stock color. I could paint it also.....of course it is going to cost a little bit more to paint it....say $100 + shipping and a fresh coat of paint and clear.....It will not be spray paint either it will be PPG. Or you could get an unpaited (black) one for $80+shipping. That is the listing for aftermarket that I have....go to any body shop and ask if they can order you an aftermarket front Bumper Cover. Should be about 80.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweeaks
                  What color is your car I have a couple of bumpers that I might be willing to part with........I have a grey one, the other isn't a stock color. I could paint it also.....of course it is going to cost a little bit more to paint it....say $100 + shipping and a fresh coat of paint and clear.....It will not be spray paint either it will be PPG. Or you could get an unpaited (black) one for $80+shipping. That is the listing for aftermarket that I have....go to any body shop and ask if they can order you an aftermarket front Bumper Cover. Should be about 80.
                  that doesnt sound too bad. my car is harbor blue. where do you live, how much do you think shipping will be?

Comment

in Roswell NM.....I have no idea what shipping would be to tell you the truth......

Comment

ill look into the shipping and get back to you if thats ok

Comment

You can also use 91-95 (96?) Mercury Tracer bumpers.
                        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

my friend bought a front bumper OEM for his 98 honda accord which is newer car than ours and wider. He paid $40 brand new for the front bumpers. I asked my friend how much does he think ours ( 1st gen pro) would cost he said prolly the same or less cuz its a lil old...$40 for a brand new OEM polyurethane bumpers aint bad at all ...

Comment

way too much, i could pull one for 22 bucks and ship it to you for WAY less than what you're paying.. keep looking around.
                            peace

Comment

yeah at a junkyard close by is only $22 too...but then a again it aint new so expect the fair condition.

Comment

Working...
                              X