FE3+turbo+mx-3_4evr= WTF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FE3+turbo+mx-3_4evr= WTF!

That's right guys, I'm going FE3 turbo. Today I just picked up the head, and I do got to say by looking at the intake ports that this engine has potential! Everything is like a BP but super sized. This is going to be in the back burner as it follows bpt323 steps lol. I might have it done for next year. I'm not in a huge rush since I got the MX-3 running good right now (knocks on wood) Next week I will be picking up the block onto the pics.

Exhaust port, I need to work on these

Intake ports are huge! the down side is that the injectors are on the intake manifold

I can't believe I'm doing this again!

Intake cam FE3N

Exhaust cam KO13... WTF?! I never heard of this one.

Last edited by mx-3_4evr; 08-04-2009, 12:03 AM.

N/A guys, don't be mad at me. I will still try to beat 130+whp! with the BP

Comment

when you swap over to the fe3 i get your engine!!!!!! and did you find any other goodies?????

Originally posted by minnesotapj
      Cost of your fancy German built sports car $35k
      price of your fancy sun glasses to match your German built sports car $200 dollars
      Getting beat by a second hand 20 year old Japanese 4 door... Priceless!
      The only bummer about the world ending is that you can't turn to the person next to you and say "WOW! Did you see THAT?!!"
      *1. 85 accord hatch r.i.p. *2. 87 chevy s-10 r.i.p. *3. 91 dodge daytona r.i.p. *4. 91 labaron r.i.p. *5. 91 mazda 323..sold *6. 89 silverado sold *7. 94 mazda protege ...in the works...

Comment

No goodies. You want my BP? I have to think about that, I will sell it eventually

Comment

hell with the bp just give me your itb's

Comment

so the fe3 head swaps onto the bp block?
            http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47653

my fs thread

Comment

No, FE3 is a 2.0L engine.

Comment

oh so you have a block for it already?
                http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47653

my fs thread

Comment

next week or two

Comment

Sub'n. Good luck
                    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

i just get 1st dibs. and if you are selling it next spring/summer ill have the money.

Originally posted by minnesotapj
                      Cost of your fancy German built sports car $35k
                      price of your fancy sun glasses to match your German built sports car $200 dollars
                      Getting beat by a second hand 20 year old Japanese 4 door... Priceless!
                      The only bummer about the world ending is that you can't turn to the person next to you and say "WOW! Did you see THAT?!!"
                      *1. 85 accord hatch r.i.p. *2. 87 chevy s-10 r.i.p. *3. 91 dodge daytona r.i.p. *4. 91 labaron r.i.p. *5. 91 mazda 323..sold *6. 89 silverado sold *7. 94 mazda protege ...in the works...

Comment

So what are your plans for the FE3 though? Going to change the crank over to the 2.2 with oversized pistons? boosted 2.3L??? That should show some interesting numbers haha.

JACK.
                        -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

I'm probably just going to get better pistons, a little head work, cams, and going turbo. Maybe a Holset turbo?

Comment

Originally posted by mx-3_4evr View Post
                            I'm probably just going to get better pistons, a little head work, cams, and going turbo. Maybe a Holset turbo?
                            2.3+holset=
                            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

^ lol I wish! Well today I got some work done. I went to the JY and got a tubular exhaust manifold (I'm going to hack it so I can mate a turbo to it), turbo oil feed line (hard pipe from the F2T block), and VR6 outer valve springs (drop in upgrade, but I need 4 more. VR6s are only a 12 valve... F* VR6 engines.) Here are some pics of the difference between FE3 and VR6 valve springs:

VR6 valve springs are a little bit taller too

Same diameter

All 12 of them

Stay tuned for more updates!

Comment

Working...
                              X