Test connector and Idle Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test connector and Idle Check

Hey all. I have 2 references on hand. 1 is a PDF manual for an '88. the other is on dead tree form for '89.
    and '89 M/Y 323 non turbo is what I have.

I am going to tune this b6 up and I want to check the compression. adjust the idle and check the ignition timing.

The Idle Procedure has me scratching my head. It says to

* connect a tach
    * Turn of lights and other electrical loads.
    * Ground the Test connector ('89 states no color or pin count, '88 says green)
    * Check idle speed. If necessary turn the adjustment screw

Q1 is where is the the test connector.
    This img is from a PDF '88 manual. the '89 (paper) manual (my correct year) has no illustration. I am looking through the wiring manual for the test connector.

I found 1 ref. Connector EM-15. 2 pins. 1 is already grounded (black) and the other is Green/White wire connecting the "Circuit opening relay " and the air flow meter.
    IS this right? The '89 wiring manual stats that it is a 2 prong (YELLOW)connector by the Driver side Firewall.

Any help would be great. As there are no stickies for any of these three procedures.

Q2: Both "Check engine timing", and "Check Engine Compression" Procedures state explicitly to Warm up the engine. This does not. So is it right that to check the idle, not let the vehicle warm up to operating temperature?

88 PDF excerpt
    Attached Files

The yellow 2 prong connector is for checking the fuel pump...I would say that it is a misprint.
    Clay

Comment

Test connector? what do you think they re referring too?

Comment

Working...
      X