Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP - No Start

Ok guys I need some tech help.

I reinstalled my 1.6 SOHC after I found a suitable auto trans from an '87 323.

Everything worked fine before I pulled my engine/trans.

Now that I have reinstalled everything I have a no start condition. I am not getting fuel to the cyl. I have spark to the plugs and fuel thru the filter and when I squirt some gas down the throttle body it will fire right up for a few seconds.

So, something is happeneing between the fuel filter (good flow) and my injectors. Is there a fuse/relay or something I might have inadvertantly blown or missed hooking up?

Thanks.

I forgot to mention that there is no sound at all from the fuel pump. I also found the fuel relay and it does "click" while cranking the engine.

Comment

This is from an '88 PDF Manual.

Try checking for cracks going down the length of the Fuel Pump Power wire on it;s way down to the pump.
      Not sure your year look for a Green/Red Wire to the fuel pump.This show it to be hot from the "Circuit opening Relay"

Black should be ground.
      White/Red should be - Low Fuel Indicator light(sending)
      Yellow should be - Fuel Gauge (sending)
      Attached Files
      Last edited by thesavo; 07-30-2009, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I figured it out. I had a single lead blue wire that I wasn't able to find a connection for. Well, it turns out that it ws the wire that plugged into the underside of the engine bay fuze box for the fuel injection. Bonehead mistake.

Now the engine runs great but i have a wire on the trans I need to figure out.

Comment

Working...
        X