Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

Motor swap time is comin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motor swap time is comin.

Who wants to help?

I have never swapped a motor in or out of anything. Im trying to get the rest of what I need so I can do this in the near future. Just trying to find out how many people would be willing to come to my hood and tackle this beast with me? I can get an engine hoist if needed and I also have access to air tools with some bribing. I have an old air compressor but it should do the trick.

I can supply some food/drinks. We could have a small mini meet. (theres a small park at the end of my street and I have a largish yard)

Things I need before swap.

G Series Axles (done)
    G Series Tranny (done)
    Coolant Nipple (done)
    VJ20 oil feed line (done)
    Banjo Bolt (done)
    Intercooler set up (done)
    BOV (done)
    255 LPH Fuel pump (not needed but should use?-skipped)

And I need to install some things onto the BP before we throw her in. (done)

Oh yea, and some paint so I can clean up the engine bay. (skipped)
    Last edited by Pox; 10-23-2009, 12:15 AM.

duddee leme know i might just come up ! lol
    and last i saw turboproto isnt allowed to sell the fmic kit here anymore. i have no idea why
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47653

my fs thread

Comment

Alright, Ill PM you when the time comes.

Comment

If you were closer we could've made a deal. I'm thinking v6 so my bpt/trans/harness/ect is probably coming out and being put up for sale.
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Hey man im down to help and im only like 25 mins away!

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
          MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

pox make this a swap meet and count me in.
            oh shiii road trip in the T5!

sigpicWorlds first car with GPS was a Mazda

~~~~~~~~> Thanks again to member gooseinyou for the familia garnish <~~~~~~~~

Comment

Sweet. Just paid for intercooler set up with BOV. So only a few more things to buy.

Comment

im down to help i should have my bg hatch by then we should just make this a mazda meet day if enough people can get together

Comment

I dont know how much pizza Ill be able to buy but lets do it! Im just trying to source out everything I need and get the BP ready for install. These long days at work have been killin me, but good for the turbo budget!

Comment

i could go if its on my day off...
                    323 log-http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44611

Comment

If we get too many people we could do this at my work. We have a large parking lot, but its really bumpy.

Comment

dude provided all goes well, i could do the swap by myself in about 8 hours so with a couple pairs of hands, and some pizza/beer we'll be done in no time

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
                        MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

lmao he said idk how much pizza i can buy haha. dont worrrrry about it man. and yeah me and caymen swapped out a bp, ran into several problems, turboed another bp and dropped it in, and actually drove the car that same day. i should have a friend come up with me in the pro so we can make the meeet look bigger lol
                          http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47653

my fs thread

Comment

Saweet. Yea, I can prolly get ahold all the tools we would need from one of the guys I work with. Jacks/Stands/Air Tools/Hoist and what not. The building we work out of used to be an old auto repair place but there are no lifts here anymore =[.

Comment

u get jack/stands/hoist And i have ALLLL the tools, i just have to organize the box lol

Comment

Working...
                              X