wiring harness help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wiring harness help?

ok, me and dad are working on putting a 1.8 (5speed) in my car.I have a 98 1.5. we were wondering to any of the guys who have done the swap on there own about the harness. i have all ineed. just and advice and suggest on it so we dont screw n e thing up and is it easy to putit on once the motor is dropped. thanks

what do you want to know about the harness?
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

well basiclly, my dad dosnt think it will work to swell when we put it on, he thinks we will run into problems so we wanted advice before we start like n e thing to know. but the bp is from a 94, my friend sold me the car for cheap, its a lil wrecked but i wanted the engine and tranny pretty bad, i guess i will post n e problems when we run into them. I understand u did a swap. what problems did u run into?

Comment

BP Motors from 94? U sure?
        Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

Yeah he is using a 1st gen ...
          I am not that sure about the 1st gen BP . You may be able to get everything to work by using the 2nd gen disty.
          You would have to cross reference the 1st gen engine harness wires(colors) and the 2nd gen ... (a lot of work).

To make the 2nd gen BP work ..
          you need a partial BP 2nd gen wire harness.
          - with plugs to connect to the throttle body, disty, coolant sensor, and MAF.

without the 1.8 plugs, you may dead in the water.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

yeah i got the 1.8 plugs, but i still think when getting to this part i will be running into alot of trouble

Comment

Best thing I can tell you is to check the plugs that connect to the throttle body and see if they are identical . I mean by the number of wires .
              Then check the coolant temp sensor to make sure it's the same number of wires.
              I don't know if you will have starting issues.
              I am guessing you can use a 95 to 96 BP ecu, depending on year of your car. Then you will have to use a MAF for a BP 96 and later, You will have to hard wire 2 extra wires to make it work . (I am working on a diagram for this -- it's not easy to describe as It was a few months since I did it and the harness was infront of me ) (actually 2 harnesses.

I hope you have a FSM and a Chilton.. you will really need them ..
              bruce

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
              X