flowmaster on my 1g?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flowmaster on my 1g?

im looking for the right muffler to put on my 1g, and i dont want one of those 3 1/2 inch buggers that the cops love. so i like the looks of the flowmaster 40 series single in dual out. but im wondering what kind of sound it would make, because i hate the high pitched rice noise. so my question is do you guys think i would get a nice deep tone out of it?
    Serenity's Dead.

Flowmaster 50series, is a great muffler, chamberd and gives u better hp and better sound then a coffee can muffler. Umm the Magnaflow chambered mufflers are also very good. Or the TURBO CHAMBER muffler. U can get them at autzone or advanced auto for around $30. Made by Dynomax. All chamberd mufflers arnt really loud , but increase HP much better then others. and arnt annoyingly loud. Just my $.02
    Maroon 1995 Probe SE
    Beige 1994 Protege DX
    Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

i have a dynomax super turbo muffler on my car. it was $50 from napa. i really like it. it's not too loud, but still noticeable when you get on it. and it's a nice deep sound, not ricey at all.
      '04 altima 2.5s sonoma sunset

Nismo CAI
      18" ASA AR1's wrapped in Dunlop Direzza 225/45WR18

Comment

Ask Protege Menace. He used a 20$ Glasspack on his and got a pretty nice sound. He posted a link to a sound file on Protegeclub a few months back.
        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

They sound excellent on our cars, and give the best power gains over typical straight-through ricer mufflers you see on so many cars.
          93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
          02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
          05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Originally posted by sileighty21
            i have a dynomax super turbo muffler on my car. it was $50 from napa. i really like it. it's not too loud, but still noticeable when you get on it. and it's a nice deep sound, not ricey at all.
            Yeah I think I got the same thing. I love the sound... not loud at all, but has a nice tone to it.
            -Robert
            '93 Protege Turbo LX 5-speed

-GTX VJ-20 turbo w/ custom downpipe, Haltech E6K Kit w/ 3Bar MAP sensor & O2 sensor (Engine Management System), .040 overbored pistons with slightly raised compression, Resurfaced cylinder head & valve job, GReddy Type-S BOV, Turbo XS boost controller, 450cc injectors, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 22"x9"x3" FMIC, full 3" exhaust w/ Catco Catylic converter & Summit Turbo Muffler, ACT Clutch Kit (stage 2), Uretheane shifter bushing, Triple Gauge Pod w/ Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio, and Oil Pressure gauges, Falken Azenis Sport 195/60HR14 tires on steelies.

Comment

i want a dual muffler. but your saying that the flowmaster will sound good and not ricey?
              Serenity's Dead.

Comment

it'll sound deep and badass, and not as loud as a ricer muffler

Comment

stick with the flow thru mufflers instead of the "muffler tips" it is a little more descreate. and in my experience have the better exause note
                  When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                  Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                  Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                  So his engine he goosed
                  With much too much boost,
                  And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

if you use the flowmaster seires muffler... you'll wind up gettting a deep ass tone that is drony almost like a subwoofer...
                    I have one installed on my 323 using a catback system custom built (thanks CAR X) and i can hear it in my basement when im sleeping if someone starts it up in the driveway. (it'll sometimes wake me up)....In my opinion it was well worth it. I won't put anything but a flowmaster on my car. and adding a turbo to this will silence the drone alittle... depending on how you set your car up you might want to think about sound detoning the car.
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

did you put on a 40 series? or a 60 series?
                      Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Honestly I don't remember
                        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

ive got a ractive tunable muffler with a 4.5 inch tip, its straight through with the tsunami **** where it spins the air as it passes through...its quiet :/ lol ask the promazda guys how quiet it is

Comment

Originally posted by KiddX
                            did you put on a 40 series? or a 60 series?
                            wouldn't matter, both are ridiculously loud.

i thought we were talkinga bout the delta 50 series which is the quieter muffler they make.

Comment

well the 40 series is ment for mustangs f birds and camaros. the 60 series is ment for 4 bangers
                              Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Working...
                              X