Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone thought of, or tyed this?? Honda D16 to our B6??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone thought of, or tyed this?? Honda D16 to our B6??

I was just thinking and brain storming on ways to improve the b6 sohc. I was thinking of all those Honda guys and there D16 single cam engines and thought maybe we could use some of those aftermarket components. like headers and cam gears, they also have a load of turbo exhaust manifolds and all kinds of goodies for that motor. Maybe even pistons with a higher compression ratio. has anyone thought of this or tried anything like this? Does any one think some of these parts could work?

The D16 is the 1.6 liter sohc base line motor that come in the crx and early civics and integras some vtec and some non vtec.

very unlikely that anything at all would be worth the modification.

Cam gears are definitely out the window, considering diameter, teeth, tooth spacing, center bore, more than likely all different.

Honestly what would be spent even attempting to modify any of those D series parts to fit, could easily be a BP swap, plain and simple.

Not worth it to me whatsoever

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
    MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

yeah I figured it wouldn't but I was just thinking maybe there was something on this that could be good, but obviously its not worth the time or money when you could just swap an engine worth tuning for the same if not less amount of money. I would like to do a BP or klze swap soon anyway. I think my b6 is close to its way out.

Comment

Theres a B6T on ebay. Bye it, install it and start boosting your way around town. Lots of fun to be had from these motors.
        Mazda
        1988 Black 323 GT
        DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Working...
        X